Primary functions include: load, unload, store, and distribute company material and equipment. Provide technical guidance to less experienced Material Handlers. Inspect incoming material for damage. Move material to designated storage area. Insure material is properly and safely stored to prevent spoilage or waste. Distribute material to appropriate departments. Assist in inventory taking. Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain an excellent driving record.
- Willing to work at a faster than average in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to work in repetitive routines and follow company standards and procedures.
- Ability to accurately manage multiple tasks at any given time.
- Task / accuracy focused.
- High standards for safety, quality and accuracy.
- Contribute to multi-departmental success through strong service-oriented mind set.
- Ability to make sound decisions adhering to established guidelines.
- Requires high degree of informational and prioritization management.
- Safety first mindset with high standards for risk avoidance.
- Effectively communicate and share knowledge pertaining to operational requirements.
- Work closely with co-workers and management to promote efficiency and proper work flow.
- Strong experience operating forklifts, loading and unloading materials from trucks, storing items on racking, pallet movement and lifting / transportation of large loads.
- Ability to work safely at all times to properly rig, strap, sling, secure loads and transport them to destination(s) within the plant.
- Accuracy in counting and parts organization; Ability to properly manage and control paperwork.
- Strong picking and packing skills to accurately process orders for shipment.
- Ability to use small hand tools to assembly parts and products to assembly drawings.
- Ability to accurately read Bill of Materials to properly pull parts and sub-assemblies for production and shipping.
- Must be able to work with manual and computerized inventory processes to assist with inventory control and accuracy.
- Must have strong math skills with ability to convert fractions to decimals and decimals to fractions.
U-Haul - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
U-Haul wants to know if you are sure you want to spend the extra money for a moving company? If not, there's AMERCO, whose principal...