The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company has built our business on integrity, honesty and superb customer service by hiring knowledgeable professionals with a solid track record of achievement. We are focused on hiring and developing people who want to be the best. We offer an excellent benefits package that allows you to select the plans and coverage that best fits you and your families' needs. Our mission statement reads that we are driven to exceed the expectations of our customers, suppliers, team members and shareholders by providing exceptional value with our products and services.
Our Guiding Principles are:
The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company is looking for a Material Handler / Driver opening for its Denver, CO TDW Warehouse.
- Customer always comes fist
- Excellence in everything we do
- Fair and honest in all dealings
- Respect for the individual
- Rewards tie to performance
- Leadership by example
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the flow of product in the warehouse - pull product for orders -- products are pulled accurately, orderly and in a timely manner; locate product in the warehouse -- products are put away and consolidation of locations is done accurately, orderly and in a timely manner
- Load and unload product --- product is loaded in a manner that is safe and secure for transportation and done in a timely manner; product is unloaded and stacked correctly, all product is accounted for and ready to be put away in a timely manner
- Checking for accuracy of product pulled for load and paperwork -- product is checked for errors; discrepancies are corrected; paperwork is done; product is marked for loading; all procedures are completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Deliver product -- ensure that product is delivered to customers accurately and on a timely basis; reporting any discrepancies or problems to management
- Maintain paperwork and handle return goods -- ensure daily driving log is kept up to date and completed accurately; check all paperwork for deliveries and ensure it is accurate; all necessary paperwork is turned in at the end of day; ensure all returned goods are picked up and returned to the warehouse with the required paperwork
- Accept payment for goods -- all cash money collected is handed in with accompanying paperwork to shipping office at the end of the run.
- Maintains a safe working environment -- follow company safety policies and procedures; advises management of safety hazards; demonstrates necessary safety and skill to operate equipment; operate vehicle in a safe manner and obeys all rules of the road; reports any vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations or damage to vehicle
- Maintains good attendance -- consistently punctual for shift, breaks, lunch, etc. ; available for overtime when required; remains at assigned work station; keeps the shipping office informed if going to be late for delivery due to accident or weather conditions -- any condition beyond control; keeps the shipping office informed at all times.
- Maintains a good attitude -- project a positive attitude toward the job assignments, customers, supervisors and fellow team members.
- Maintains a good image for the company -- report to work in the proper and clean uniform and practices proper hygiene; is courteous driver at all times -- respects other drivers on the road
- Assist in maintaining warehouse/equipment cleanliness -- ensure warehouse and equipment is cleaned daily by picking up trash and debris during assigned shift; ensure delivery vehicle is kept clean at all times
- Customer service skills to serve our external and internal customers at superior levels
- Attention to detail
- Results oriented
- Shows initiative
- Stress tolerant
- Positive attitude
- Team oriented
- High school diploma
- Valid driver's license -- at 23 years of age -- clear driving record -- no multiple infractions within the last 12 months
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine vehicle maintenance
- Computer literate in Microsoft Excel and Word -- preferably experience using a ERP system
- Ability to lift more than 50 pounds
- Must be comfortable performing job duties at heights up to 20 feet.
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members to create a results driven, team oriented environment
- Ability to generate respect and trust from team members and external constituencies
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the tire industry
- Knowledge of RF (radio frequency) warehouse system
- Bilingual - English/Spanish is desired.
The Hercules Tire & Rubber Company - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard