State: Rhode Island
Postal/Zip Code: 19007
Bonsal American, Inc., a division of Oldcastle, is a leading manufacturer of packaged blended cement products and pavement repair products. With over 35 manufacturing plants, Bonsal American, manufactures, markets and distributes products under the brands of Sakrete, Prospec, Amerimix and Gemseal. Products are distributed through major retail and commercial outlets, including Homecenters, Co-ops, building material distributors and commercial distributors. Bonsal American has a long standing reputation for quality service and products.
Job Description Summary
- Responsible for assisting designated machine operator or production team in a variety of functions including, but not limited to, maintenance, clean up, yard work, warehouse, production, utilities, and material handling
- Handles assignments in a repetitive and/or sequential order for completing tasks assigned
- Uses security gear at all times and follows all safety regulations
- Reports any unsafe conditions or defective equipment to the supervisor immediately
- Operates machinery or equipment as trained and instructed following safety guidelines at all times
- Assists lead operator in preparing for shift production
- Works closely with the lead operator and become knowledgeable of the mechanics and operation machine in which you assist
- Assists in the loading/unloading of trucks
- Assists in completing shipping/receiving documents
- Verifies loads leaving the premises
- Maintains, verifies and counts product inventory
Requirements / Skills
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to work 2nd Shift
- Ability to follow company production and safety procedures
- Able to pass internal certification training for operating forklift
- Must be able to demonstrate lock out tag out procedures
- Must attend weekly safety meetings
- Must be able to read, write and understand English
- While performing the duties of this job the employee will be required to frequently stand on their feet for extended periods of time as well as move materials in a forklift
- Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 80 lbs
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Bonsal American is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Bonsal American is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...