SHIFT: Thursday through Saturday and every other Wednesday, 4:00 PM to 4:30 AM
SUMMARY: The Material Handler - Roasting team member is responsible for the delivery of ground coffee to the packaging machines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
- Move ground coffee from the roasting area to a desired machine in a fast paced just in time manner.
- Operate forklifts within the Safety standards
- Maintain and switch batteries in the lifts per the Material Handling procedures
- Report forklift maintenance issues/error codes and fill out inspection sheets daily
- Participate and assist inventory cycle counts and reconciliation
- Maintain high levels of housekeeping as it pertains to our standards and 5S work
- Interact in a team based work environment, meetings, huddles
- Participate in the Team goal setting and metric reviews
- Participate in the Industrial Stretching Program
- Participate in the Safety program
- Adhere to all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations and policies
- Perform other material handling duties as needed
- Responsibility to report food safety, quality and regulatory compliance to plant or division personnel with authority to initiate action.
- Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must possess either a High School Diploma or GED or actively working toward one.
- A Bronze or higher level National Career Readiness Certificate preferred. Please contact your local TN Career Center for more information
- Intermediate to high computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of basic warehouse principles
- Strong time management skills
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to multi task
- 1-2 years in a shipping/ Material Handling environment preferred
- Ability to get along with others, be punctual, and follow instructions
- Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
For General Production:
- Walking and standing on concrete floors
- Working in and around pallet racking
- Working on lifts
An offer of employment for this position will be contingent upon the individual successfully completing a pre-employment physical and drug screening, as provided by a GMCR selected physician, and a criminal background check. The examination must be completed prior to the first day of employment. GMCR reserves the right to determine the suitability of an applicant for a position based on an evaluation of all available information, including but not limited to past work performance, applications, resumes, references and background checks. GMCR is an E-Verify employer.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds frequently with mechanical assistance
- Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to constantly lift, bend, stretch and stand during entire shift
- Ability to push/pull up to 1.500 pounds using supplied equipment
- Ability to frequently kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead with repetitive motions
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 19 months ago
We believe in using the power of business to make the world a better place. Each step on the long road from tree to cup gives us an...