POSITION SUMMARY :
Under general supervision, performs and accounts for the handling of materials required for multiple product lines/departments, within a manufacturing or warehousing operation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
· Performs receiving, warehousing, and/or shipping functions. Duties include, but are not limited to; loading and unloading trucks, sorting, sizing for materials, stacking and loading pallets, product identification, damage inspection, internal document creation, and/or data entry of related documents.
· Performs other functions including but not limited to; stocking, issuing, internal delivery of materials and directing materials to appropriate internal locations, including appropriate storage locations, production lines or other plant locations, packing, weighing, computer input/data entry using multiple systems, accurate record keeping and review of accompanying documents for verification and correctness. May include either international or domestic receipts or shipments.
· Performs handling of hazardous and or biohazards materials/waste and used medical equipment as may be required following established safety requirements.
· Performs cycle counting for inventory control purposes. Helps resolve inventory discrepancies.
· Operates material handling equipment and possesses and maintains required licenses for their operation.
· Participates in establishing methods and procedures to assure inventory accuracy and effective material flow and offers improvement suggestions and assists in implementing changes.
· Assists in the maintenance of equipment.
· Performs required product labeling and tagging.
· Actively participates as a member in a team oriented environment and assists in resolution of problems.
· Accept ownership for actions and decisions.
· Gathers data and prepares information in computerized worksheets or in word processing applications.
· Performs routine housekeeping duties and maintains a clean and organized work area.
· Responsible for maintaining an understanding and performing to regulatory compliance as required.
· Complies with safety rules, corporate policies and department procedures.
· All duties listed above will be performed in an accurate, efficient and safe manner.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned which are reasonably within the scope of the duties listed above.
Requires high school graduate or equivalent
Requires 3-5 years of experience in material handling function. Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required :
· Requires the ability to carry out the physical requirements of the job including physical transport, lifting, and operation of material handling equipment.
· Proficient with inventory and material handling application software relevant to the area.
· Good organization and planning skills.
· Adaptable to changing priorities.
· Demonstrated history of dependability and duties are performed in a conscientious, accurate, efficient, and safe manner.
· May require licensing and/or certified to operate required material handling equipment, semi- trucks, or other training/certification in handling of hazardous materials, shipments, or bloodborne pathogens.
· Ability to pass required eye exam for a forklift license.
· Working knowledge of the regulatory requirements of the operation in which assigned.
· Requires good communications skills and demonstrated ability to work as an individual contributor and/or team member.
· Requires demonstrated ability to relate well to all people in the organization and to build constructive and effective relationships
· Requires demonstrated ability to manage conflicts effectively with team members.
· Must be able to stand, 45, walk 45%; sit 10%
· Must be able to use computer repetitively
· Understand oral and written comprehension
· Must have memorization skills
· Must have spatial orientation
· Must have high concentration skills
· Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move between 50 and 100 pounds, using lifting aids, techniques, or appropriate assistance.
· Ability to work in an environment where exposure to moving mechanical parts, high and/or precarious places, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, risk of electrical shock and/or radiation, and vibration may exist.
Sorin Group USA - 18 months ago