Material Handling Mechanic
Hopkins, MN, Warehouse
The responsibilities of this position will be the maintenance, repair and operation of material handling equipment.
Qualified Candidates will have
· 3 to 5 years of experience doing maintenance and repair pertaining to various brands of material handling equipment
· Repair knowledge of electronic circuits and controls within the electrical system with both dc and ac current
· Knowledge and diagnostic skills and the ability to properly read and understand wiring schematics
· Knowledge and proper diagnostic trouble shooting of hydraulic systems and ability to rebuild pumps and cylinders
· Must score 70% or higher on SUPERVALU machinist test.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Technical school degree is preferred
Physical Requirements include:
· Ability to lift 80-100 pounds intermittently, 60 pounds occasionally and ability to reach up to 84 inches occasionally
· Frequent walking, standing, bending, reaching, twisting, and grasping will be required.
· Occasional climbing of ladders
An offer of employment is conditional upon passing a pre-employment physical and a pre-placement drug and alcohol screen. A post hire background check will also be done. You will be required to join Machinist Union Local 77 and required to pay an initiation fee and monthly dues.
The ONLY way to apply is at: wss.unicru.com/svdc