We are seeking a Material Manager in the Syracuse, NY area. As the Material Manager you will direct the overall plant materials function and maintain the supervision of the materials department. The Material Manager initiates and/or assigns projects and work flow; develops departmental budgets and provides liaison assistance to other departments.
Other key duties include:
- Directing and administering programs related to the efficient operation of the Purchasing, Planning/Expediting, Traffic, Warehousing and Production Control functions
- Coordinating with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality Assurance to ensure all quality, sales and materials objectives are met
- Administering direct supervisory responsibilities for materials personnel including selection, hiring, training, performance evaluations, promotional recommendations and work schedules
- Participating in new product introductions as required
- Forecasting monthly sales, inventory, and materials levels, plus business plan forecasting
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Manufacturing Technology, Materials Management or related field plus an advanced degree, either M.S or M.B.A.
- A minimum of 10 years Materials experience required with 3-5 years in a management position within a manufacturing setting
To apply for this position, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Professionals Incorporated is an EOE
Essential NY Jobs
- 2 years ago - save job