Material Planner - Defense
ATK is a premier aerospace and defense company with more than 15,500 employees in 21 states, Puerto Rico and internationally. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or a military operation. We are the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition. ATK Missile Products Division is an industry leader in the development and production of tactical rocket motors and missile systems for various air, space, sea and land-based applications. The division manages a broad portfolio of progressive and high performance programs, including: Tactical Propulsion, Fuzing and Warheads, Missile Defense, Upper Stages and Controls, Tactical Subsystems, and Advanced Systems and Power.
ATK is looking for a Material Planner to join our team in our Manufacturing Center of Excellence near Cumberland, MD.
- Identify raw material and component requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Generate purchase requisitions to support future build needs.
- Provide updates to buyers when schedules change or problems arise.
- Track material quality and initiates actions to extend or eliminate expiring material.
- Coordinate material movement between warehouse and production areas.
- Coordinate with purchasing, production, warehouse, and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate quantities of materials are always on hand.
- 2+ years of experience Material Planning
- 4 Year Degree
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of MRP logic.
- Experience using scheduling tools including MS Project, Pull Systems, FIFO and Min/ Max/ Reorder Point.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent follow up.
- Technical skills required; Excel, MS Project, Visual scheduling tools
At ATK, our strategy is to deliver affordable innovation to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products - and your ideas - into the future. You'll be amazed at what you can do! ATK offers a fast-forward environment for analytical and creative thinkers. Our organization is built on a foundation of outstanding talent and is committed to growing the skills of our workforce. ATK employees experience challenges of national and international significance that can't be overstated. United in pride and shared goals, ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver innovative solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential. If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
Are you a Veteran? Visit our Jobs for Veterans page to find jobs that match your military background.
Materials and Distribution
less than 25%
Years of Experience:
Defense, Engineer, Warehouse, Material Planner, Industrial, Government, Engineering, Manufacturing
ATK - 8 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...