SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all material moves and transactions, including shipping, receiving and production support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The essential functions include, but are not limited to:
• Follows all applicable policies and procedures including safety and health
• Required to work overtime schedule as requested to meet production needs based on established overtime procedures
• Performs duties in accordance with standard work (takt time, work sequence, swip)
• Operates Powered Industrial Trucks (PITS) and Aerial Work Platforms (AWP)
• Completes required documentation and system transactions needed for material moves and inventory audits
• Physically handles material movement and preparation
• Support production through material conveyance
• Use andon for identification of variance from standard work
• Be available to assist in other areas as needed
• Participates in activities and exercises in support of the Caterpillar Production System (CPS) – 5S, kaizen, etc.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS (EDUCATION, SKILLS and/or EXPERIENCE):
• High School Diploma, Trade School Certificate or GED equivalent
• Basic understanding of safety requirements in a manufacturing/warehouse environment
• Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
• Powered Industrial Trucks experience
• Basic computer skills
• Basic math functions - add, subtract, multiply, divide
• Warehouse Knowledge
• Team Work
• Problem Solving
• Positive Attitude
• Must be physically mobile with ability to sit, stand, bend, stoop, reach and climb
• Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs minimally, up to 20 lbs occasionally and up to 10 lbs frequently
• Must be able to see, hear and speak
• Subject to inside environmental conditions – protected from weather conditions but not temperature changes – exposure to occasional temperature extremes (below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees)
• Subject to outside environmental conditions
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free/tobacco-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Caterpillar - 2 years ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...