SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Material /Zeolite Scientist will work on the development of new materials and will optimize existing process routes for the synthesis of zeolites and materials as part of a team that includes the pilot plant, engineering and manufacturing groups. The developments will be from bench scale to full experimental trials. Part of the job will be to provide support for the manufacturing group if production issues arise.
- Conducts activities in zeolite synthesis and materials process development.
- Keeps abreast of literature and patents related to zeolite synthesis / materials science and characterization techniques.
- Developes in-house expertise in zeolite synthesis, characterization and applications.
- Develops materials and zeolites both by pressure and atmospheric syntheses.
- Leads scale-up of zeolites developed in the laboratory and works closely together with manufacturing for successful plant introduction of zeolite containing products.
- Acts as a resource to others in areas of materials synthesis and characterization methods and techniques.
- Assists in the development of catalysts which incorporate zeolites.
- Provides plant support for manufacturing.
- Performs other duties as requested by management.
General attainment equivalent to:
- Master’s degree in analytical chemistry, physics, materials science or related subject. PhD preferred.
The successful candidate is expected to have a high level of expertise in several of the following areas:
- 1-3 years of applied experience in a commercial setting preferred.
Job related work experience skills/knowledge requirements:
- Materials/zeolite synthesis and characterization techniques (a.o. XRD, BET, XPS, NMR)
- Process technology (mixing, heat exchange, chemical reactions)
(describes required and preferable experience but not the number of years)
- High degree of technical problem solving skills,
- Hands-on approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills,
- Knowledge of process technologies
Johnson Matthey - 10 months ago
According to Johnson Matthey's math, it adds up to serve the precious metals, catalysts, coatings, and pharmaceutical industries in the...