As one of the premier semiconductor manufacturers, we are seeking a Materials Analysis Engineer (entry-level) to take initiative for analysis and data reporting to drive continuous improvements within the Wafer Fab, QA, and Product line groups.
This is a hands-on lab position which will involve:
South Portland, Maine
- Performing material analysis and characterization on discrete, digital and analog product from customer returns; wafer fab; reliability testing; new product/process/package introduction; assembly line; and final test.
- Working with test, process, device, product, quality and application engineers toward process control and yield optimization.
- Utilizing of a wide range of analytical equipment including optical microscopes, scanning electron microscope (SEM), energy dispersive x-ray (EDX), real time X-ray, and secondary ion mass spectroscopy (SIMS).
- Sample preparation, including cross sectioning and staining; requiring the use of chemicals and automatic polishing wheels; tripod polish; and other cross sectioning techniques.
- Documenting and reporting findings to the engineering and manufacturing groups.
- Identifying and implementing advanced methods of materials analysis.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule or 2nd shift.
- 0-4 yrs exp in a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Materials, or related engineering field.
BSME, Chemical Engineering, Physics, or Materials Science degree required. New Graduates encouraged to apply.