Provide materials support to achieve safety, quality, productivity and delivery to assure internal and external customer satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Intermediate level position where colleague has reached competency in the discipline. Understands and applies concepts. Performs varied and more complex tasks, using independent judgment with minimum supervision. Makes decisions within broad parameters. May mentor less experienced colleagues.
- Support the Company''s mission, vision, values and goals in the performance of daily activities.
- Provide key input into the development of departmental strategic goals along with identifying key measurable to support the departmental goals.
- Follow established guidelines to meet centralized purchasing policies.
- Develop/implement new processes to improve departmental efficiency.
- Request purchase of materials and releases materials to meet customer and plant requirements.
- Maintain purchasing files as required per Enterprise policy.
- Maintain office supply inventories for plant operations.
- Maintain Drawco and Mastic supply inventories for plant operations.
- Assist raw material follow-up colleague on maintenance of materials/quality systems.
- Responsible for providing part information for the plant''s NAFTA and AALA reporting requirements.
- Review and update the system for raw material and purchased parts rejection/chargeback(s).
- Requests purchase orders for components and steel.
- Drive plant inventory reduction efforts of purchased parts.
- Interact with Production Control & Scheduling and Ship/Rec/Whse/Pkg colleagues.
- Utilize teamwork to develop plant synergy.
- Supply daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports as required.
- Participate in team problem solving activities and process improvement activities (ex. 8 D Reporting, Kaizen, etc.).
- Support plant activities towards achieving customer awards and quality registrations (ex. TS 16949, Gold Pentastar etc.)
- Assist with plant activities to achieve quality, productivity and cost reduction goals.
- Review all accident reports for identification of root cause and corrective action.
- Responsible for following all internal and OSHA required safety procedures in performing daily work activities.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization.
- Maintain high standard of housekeeping in the work area.
- Adherence to all company policies and procedures (ex. Quality Policy Manual, Colleague Handbook, Level II procedures, etc.)
Reports directly to the Materials Manager. Interfaces on a frequent basis with Operations, IT and Quality. Also interfaces on an as needed basis with HR, Finance, Engineering and Maintenance.
- Ability to identify, select, train and coach materials talent.
- Provides model behavior to demonstrate corporate values.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience in materials.
- Good computer skills. Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Technical Expertise in the Purchasing/NAFTA field.
- Ability to assume responsibility and corresponding authority and accountability. Results oriented.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Ability to read and write in English and perform mathematical calculations.
Duties include but are not limited to: stand, walk, twist, bend, lift, see, talk, and hear. May be required to travel on an infrequent basis. Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, vibration and hazardous materials.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by colleagues assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, qualifications, or working conditions.
Tower International, Inc. is always looking for qualified, dedicated employees for various positions across the country and globe....