KLA-Tencor Corporation, a leading provider of process control and yield management solutions, partners with customers around the world to develop state-of-the-art inspection and metrology technologies. These technologies serve the semiconductor, data storage, LED, and other related nanoelectronics industries. With a portfolio of industry-standard products and a team of world-class engineers and scientists, the company has created superior solutions for its customers for more than 35 years. Headquartered in Milpitas, Calif., KLA-Tencor has dedicated customer operations and service centers around the world. Additional information may be found at www.kla-tencor.com .
The Global Service Support Organization (GSS) team headquartered in Milpitas, CA is our service organization that consists of Service Sales and Marketing, Spares Supply Chain management, Field Operations, Product Training, and Technical Support. The GSS organization partners with our field teams and customers in all business sectors to maintain the high performance and productivity of our products through a flexible portfolio of services. Our comprehensive services include: proactive management of tools to identify and improve performance; expertise in optics, image processing and motion control with worldwide service engineers, 24/7 technical support teams and knowledge management systems; and an extensive parts network to ensure worldwide availability of parts.
Oversees activities related to external supplier management for the service organization. Directs supply chain relationships and contracts for assigned commodities/suppliers within the Service Supply Chain Management Group. Understand company business requirements, market dynamics and trends, supply base and supply base capabilities for given commodities. Lead complex supplier negotiations. Execute, manage and administer supplier contracts, SOWs, SLAs, NDAs and any other required supplier agreements. Effectively manage supplier relationships at both the enterprise and division, function and project level. Lead, develop, create and deploy supplier scorecards. Lead, coordinate and manage supplier business reviews. Create, implement and/or drives industry and company supply chain best practices. Ensure adherence to company supply chain management best practices, policies, procedures and external compliance requirements. Lead supply chain management project/program management and complex problem resolution on new product, cost reduction, value engineering, quality, reliability, delivery, inventory and service initiatives. Can hold his/her own in a highly technical supply chain environment. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Oversees activities related to the external purchase and repair of materials for the service organization. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems. Ensures materials are ordered and in stock to meet service requirements, while maintaining acceptable inventory levels. Develops material schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering. Reviews and plans requirements for purchasing/repairing materials at external suppliers. May prepare material requirement plans using enterprise resource planning systems. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
Oversees activities related to urgent order escalation management for the service organization. Develops, implements, and maintains policies, procedures and material control systems. Ensures urgent orders are fulfilled in an expedited manner, while maintaining part quality and acceptable inventory levels. Develops fulfillment schedules and coordinates the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production and engineering. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- SCOPE: Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives. Develops corporate and/or organizational policies and authorizes their implementation. Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements. Interacts internally and externally with executive level management requiring negotiation of extremely difficult matters to influence policy making bodies.
- DISCRETION: Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
- INTERACTION: Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- SUPERVISION: Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department managers within the company. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Experienced negotiator
- Ability to manage all aspects of KT’s supply chain, including:
- Contract negotiation and administration
- Supply/demand management
- Supplier evaluation and selection
- Inventory management
- Shipping, receiving, logistics
- Achieving cost reductions
- Working knowledge of SPC and how to apply it
- Ability to manage the supply chain in an upturn and downturn
- Ability to manage new product introductions as well as product end of life
- Develops very effective and practical processes
- Understanding of Finance – E&ND, inventory reserves and their impact on profit
- Compliance with SOX requirements and other regulations like ISO 14001, etc…
- Understanding of service support requirements, and allocations
- Understanding all components of the gross margin in order to be able to drive gross margin improvement initiatives.
- Business, finance understanding of E&ND, reserves
- Very tight working relationship with Finance. Understand how P&L works
- Business acumen. Understand the trade-offs between upside, making money and obsolescence.
- Very deep understanding of BOM structures
- Lead time and hedge management both in house and at suppliers
- Very strong people selection and people management
- Develops his/her people
- Ability to work well in a highly matrixed environment
- Ability to manage very high complexity
- Can make decisions based on limited or ambiguous input
- Works very well on teams (PLC, within the factory)
- Demonstrated experience in taking plans and making them into reality (eg. Cost reduction)
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong leadership
- Customer focus
- Strong strategic thinker
Master's Level Degree with at least 6 years of experience. OR
Bachelor's Level Degree with at least 7 years of experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
KLA-Tencor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
KLA-Tencor - 17 months ago
KLA-Tencor is hard-core when it comes to hunting down chip flaws. One of the world's largest makers of process control equipment for...