Job Summary and Responsibilities
POSITION SUMMARY: Inventory, deliver, and replenish medical /surgical supplies in user areas. Deliver clean linen and personal clothing to specified areas and collect soiled linen. Function as a resource to nursing personnel and others for the following: par leveling of medical / surgical supplies, restocking the distribution area in an organized manner, maintain a safe and orderly work environment, assure that all items that are issued out of the Distribution area are entered into the materials management resource management system.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Inventory, deliver, and replenish user areas up to the % Time: 15
established par level
2. Assure that supplies are restocked in the user % Time: 15
areas in an organized manner
3. Compile supplies as indicated by the pick list % Time: 15
4. Fill supplemental supply requests % Time: 5
5. Function as a resource for nursing and other users % Time: 5
6. Restock patient/resident care areas with clean % Time: 10
linen and deliver personal clothing
7. Collect soiled linen when required % Time: 5
8. Restock the distribution area in an organized % Time: 10
9. Keep the Manager aware of any and all supply- % Time: 5
10, Assure that all necessary information pertaining % Time: 10
to items issued is entered in to materials management
resource management system
11. Perform any other related duties as necessary % Time: 5
Demonstrates self management and cooperation:
- Wears identification badge in a visible area above the waist line. Wears uniform at all times. Conducts oneself in a professional and friendly manner. (greeting, smile, handshake, eye contact, voice, posture, grammar, grooming, and dress)
- Follows policies and directives.
- Selects priorities and organizes work and time to meet them.
- Participates in group problem solving sessions.
- Discusses concerns and/or tasks with supervisor and/or team leader.
- Seeks out self improvement.
- Provides information accurately and completely.
- Keeps confidences of staff and patients.
- Complies with hospital attendance and punctuality policy.
- Notifies supervisor of intended absences.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS REQUIRED: High school diploma with previous experience in inventory management, preferably in a healthcare setting. Must have a working knowledge of inventory management concepts and automated inventory management systems. Must be customer service oriented.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to lift 60 lbs. and push or pull 1,000 lbs. with the assistance of powered or manual equipment.
Hebrew SeniorLife is the largest provider of elder care in the Boston metropolitan area. Founded in 1903, Hebrew SeniorLife is an affiliate of Harvard Medical School and a nonprofit, non-sectarian organization devoted to innovative gerontology and geriatric research , senior health care , long-term nursing home care , and Greater Boston senior housing communities that improve the lives of older adults. From independent living to assisted living , Hebrew SeniorLife provides retirement communities in Massachusetts that are designed to help older adults live healthy independent lives.