The Material Distributor is responsible for the execution of material handling operations, by ensuring adequate reception, handling, storage, accounting, and picking of goods in a timely, cost effective, safe and compliant manner.
Responsibilities may include the coordination of a group of material distributors (in this case the job title is Material Distributor
- Performs duties associated with, receiving, distribution, handling, accounting, and picking of goods.
- Responds to specific requests from Planning, Production, and Logistics. Executes the operations in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, and client's policies on Finance and QHSE.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Employees may be assigned other duties, such as kitting, crating and handling recycling programs with outside suppliers, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above
- Takes ownership of, and supports Lean and 5S improvements. Independently performs self-assessments. Understands metrics.
- Know and utilize workmanship standards
- Wear PPE at all times and observe health, safety and environmental policies
- Use appropriate systems to look up bills of materials and take appropriate actions when jobs arrive with non conformances
- Utilizes quality systems and job packets, (including routings, work orders, and bills of material
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Safe and secure storage and handling of goods.
- Reduced storage and handling costs.
- Compliance with service level requirements.
- Compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
Zero trade incidents and penalties
- Deliver parts for induction parts in different buildings.
Utilization of ESD protection techniques
Outstanding team working and communication skills
Has functional knowledge of automated business system utilities relevant to inventory control operations
Ability to understand Bill of Materials
Ability to read, write, and complete documentation
Ability to perform basic math computations (additions and subtraction of measurements)
Ability to read and understand specifications, process, and safety instructions
SGF Global - 9 months ago
For more than 20 years, our clients have trusted us to help them recruit leaders around the world and incorporate them into their...