Cleaver-Brooks is the market leader in providing fully integrated boiler and burner systems. We lead the boiler/burner industry due to our unmatched distribution network’s ability to deliver the knowledge, service, training and support that are essential to long-term performance. Our customers will tell you that we’re the only equipment provider that manufactures boilers, burners, controls, and a full array of ancillary and aftermarket products. They’ll also mention that our unique single-source capability means that we can deliver fully integrated boiler room solutions that reduce overall costs and optimize space. It is our focus on products that deliver the most efficient, reliable, safe and environmentally sustainable solutions that differentiate us in the marketplace. Cleaver-Brooks continues an 80-year legacy of providing the customers we serve with extraordinary products designed to deliver unsurpassed performance through the power of commitment.
Responsible for the control and movement of materials and inventory for establishing production schedules and ensuring that actual production meets scheduled requirements. Controls various load factors to ensure maximum usage of available capacity taking into account labor, tools, and equipment. This role will also coordinate production operations with the requirements for finished products and the needs for materials and labor; plant manufacturing volume over $25 million.
- Must possess leadership capability / ability to understand the motives and objectives of the Plant and communication/interpersonal skills to effectively carry out responsibilities and to develop and motivate others.
- Must possess and apply intellect, judgment, and management skills to achieve required results.
- Serves as a member of the Plant's Operating Management Team; contributes through exercise of functional expertise, counsel, experience, etc., toward the Plant meeting its current and long range business strategies and plans.
- Must provide effective management of subordinates to achieve desired results; including communications, motivation, team building, employee involvement, diplomacy, delegating, etc. skills as well as confidence and enthusiasm.
- Position requires the constant and consistent exercise of intellect, judgment, and ability commensurate with manager positions in similar industries or situations.
- Position requires regular exercise of problem solving, decision making and policy or procedure interpretation skills.
- Ability to handle responsibilities with effective interpersonal skills and to effectively interface with others inside and outside the Company.
- Establishes production schedules, including material procurements and manufacturing schedules.
- Prepares production analysis charts, job and machine load forecasts, and labor forecasts.
- Follows up on scheduled production and prepares project completion reports.
- Directs the purchasing department to ensure adequate and proper flow of materials.
- Takes necessary action to eliminate delays and ensures adherence to production and shipping schedules.
- Cooperates with other departments in the development of adequate records for production, planning and control purposes.
- May control traffic and shipping, expediting, warehousing and storage, material handling and inventory, including taking and the maintenance of inventory control records.
- Must have ability to travel, generally by air or rental car, and occasionally handle luggage and attaché cases, etc. for normal to business travel of varying length duration.
- Position requires ability to work in a normal office and production plant with welding, machining, and fabrication operations environment.
- Controls factors having significant effects on inventory accuracy and total value including: opening and closing process sheets, unit of measure accuracy, and other facets of our ERP system.
- Other duties as directed.
Education Required: Bachelor's Degree preferred
Experience Required: 8 years or more preferred
Physical Skill and Effort: Limited manual dexterity required. Work requires simple, easy muscular movements.
Working Conditions and Hazards: Normal plant, shop, field or office conditions, and from time to time, slightly disagreeable features; negligible/little or no exposure to hazardous conditions.
Salary and Benefits:
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, cash matching 401(k) plan, vacation and 11 paid holidays.
This description indicates the general nature of the tasks and responsibilities required of positions given this classification. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities. Nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of management to assign, direct, and control the specific duties of individuals performing this function. The Company reserves the right to change, modify, amend, add to or delete from any section of this document as it deems, in its judgment, to be proper. This description supersedes any previous descriptions for this position.
Cleaver-Brooks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.