Job Title: Materials Manager / Master Scheduler – An EMS Company
Job Type: Full Time
Location: San Jose, CA
Salary: 80K+, Incentives
Work Hours: Flexible.
Manage all production related material activities to include, Master Scheduling management in conjunction with Program Management. Supervision of the Stockroom, Receiving, Kitting and Floor Scheduling. Assist the Director on Materials in the procurement function, as requested. Insure accuracy of inventory status, training of materials personnel in their assigned duties. Insure kits are delivered completed to production. Manager process flow on materials in production and insure both top level and sub-assemblies meet production requirements. Become competent in use of the ERP system and its capabilities
Iron Systems is an innovative, customer-focused provider of custom-built computing infrastructure platforms such as network servers, storage, OEM/ODM appliances & embedded systems. For more than 15 years, customer have trusted us for our innovative problem solving combined with holistic design, engineering, manufacturing, logistic and global support services.
- Management of the planning and scheduling functions necessary to support the production requirements, as Master Scheduler
- Become proficient with the ERP System, planning and stockroom software tools. Provide guidance in their use.
- Manage the Materials Management as defined by organizational procedures and corporate guidelines.
- Implementation of the necessary Material Cost Reviews to verify correct product costs in support of proper customer pricing and margins.
- Contribute as a major participant in the operational strategic planning and Materials activities.
- Manage Stockroom activities including proper stocking, kitting and release procedures. Insure all proper system documentation is submitted
- Support Program Management and Business Development in the presentation of the Materials capabilities to customers and cost reduction programs defined by the Manufacturing Agreements. .
- Provide insights into new technology and strategies for improved floor management of materials necessary to maintain deliveries in support of customer satisfaction.
- Interface well with the operations management and insure the “team” concept is implemented in the managed organization.
- Ensure implementation of a smooth transaction and integration of the material portion of the New Product Introduction from the initial product order till production release...
- Review all System Tools and make recommendations for improvements, changes or additions to support improved materials efficiencies.
- Support organizational metrics to indicate individual and departmental performance to requirements.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or related field, with 5 – 7 years manufacturing experience, specifically materials/production planning or equivalent certification and experience within the specific discipline
- Must have MRP/ERP experience
- ISO experience
- APICS certification desired
- Six Sigma experience a plus
- Strong knowledge of electronic assemblies and electro- mechanical components
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and specifications.
- 5+ Total Work Experience Materials Management with progression in more responsible positions demonstrated.
- Experience in Manufacturing and Program Management would be considered a plus
- A stable work history
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Ability to write reports and give effective presentations if required
- Ability to provide leadership and give effective direction to the direct and indirect personal reporting to this position
- Ability to be a participating member, interface with and manage cross functional diverse teams, facilitate work processes and motivation activities for employees
- Ability to find route cause and develop and action plan with timelines to resolve.
- Be able to analyze report and take action based on the input received
- Required to use basic motor skills on a daily basis
- Ability to use a computer
- Capable of training assigned personnel in their defined tasks
Iron Systems - 21 months ago