POSITION: Materials Manager
REPORTS TO: Plant Manager
LOCATION: Gadsden, AL 35987
A global manufacturer of steel utility towers has an
immediate opening for a Materials Manager at its
manufacturing facility located in Gadsden, AL (approx.
60 miles NE of Birmingham). Reporting to the Plant
Manager at this facility, the Materials Manager directs
and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in
purchasing, shipping, scheduling, programming and
distributing raw materials, equipment, machinery, and
supplies within the company’s organization.
- Coordinating systems and procedures relating to
control of all materials to maintain proper levels
of inventories of consistent with economic and sales
- Directing overall planning for Inventory Control,
Scheduling, Production Control, Shipping/Traffic and
Purchasing activities. Includes steel plate and
other direct product materials order planning stores
and incoming and outgoing shipping.
- Analyzing market and delivery systems to assess
present and future material availability.
- Negotiating yearly contracts for services and raw
- Reviewing inventory, backlog levels, transportation
cost and budget performance. Initiating corrective
action as necessary.
- Reviewing sales information, proposed engineering
changes and quality reports to assess impact on
inventory levels and production operations affecting
- Managing the supply chain with specific
responsibilities towards cost reduction, lead time
reduction and production support.
- Coordinating activities of material control and
traffic with Production Control and Purchasing to
maximize material usage and reduce transportation
- Advising management concerning lead times, alternate
usage and transportation modes which may result in
- Supervising department personnel in carrying out
- Utilizing lean manufacturing tools and activities to
- Performing safety and health responsibilities as
assigned and in conformance with company policies.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration,
materials management (supply chain) or similar
discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five years of supervisory experience and materials
management experience within a heavy industrial
- Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
- Ability to analyze information in professional
journals and in other technical documentations.
Annual salary of $80,000 or higher depending on
qualifications and experience, plus full benefit
package. Relocation may be allowance offered, as
Perfect World Search - 6 months ago