Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials and manufacturing requirements to suppliers.
Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make / buy analysis.
Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposure.
Participates in Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables with team members (buyers, planners, production control).
Creates, releases, and updates new project materials strategy.
Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts suppliers. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost).
Participates in commercialization (transition) materials plan.
Participates in the material change control process.
Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements.
Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues.
Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI).
Establishes and tracks cost targets.
Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Analysis.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Requires understanding of material science concepts and techniques, cost analysis, competitive analysis, cost avoidance and reduction.
- General knowledge of engineering processes and procedures.
- Requires strong skills in problem solving, written and verbal communication, global business perspective, personal effectiveness, project management, team skills, and quality.
- Requires proficiency in Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDM and End Item MPS Workbench.
INCUMBENTS TYPICALLY WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Requires a B.S. level degree or equivalent in business, purchasing, materials, distribution, supply chain management, or related discipline, and 4+ years related experience in a materials or manufacturing environment, or equivalent.
- 5+ years related experience, to include 2-3 years experience in supply chain planning or outsourcing, with previous experience in project management.
Applied Materials is the global leader in precision materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar PV...