Forecasts and communicates engineering, materials and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Provides input to outsourcing decisions by performing make / buy analysis. Coordinates demand signals through MRP to minimize inventory exposures.
Forms Materials Core Team and coordinates product development process deliverables through matrix management of buyers, planners, and production control. Determines engineering requirements.
Creates, releases and updates new project materials strategy.
Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; negotiates contracts as necessary.
Utilizes the preferred supplier selection and assessment process when selecting suppliers. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts suppliers. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, and cost).
Executes commercialization (transition) materials plan.
Manages materials change control process.
Works with engineering to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements.
Assists in developing supplier and commodity road maps to engineering.
Resolves quality issues and meets cost objectives.
Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators (KPI).
Establishes and tracks cost targets.
Utilizes value analysis on build-to-print components in support of Should Analysis.
Job Specific Knowledge
- Requires thorough understanding of material science concepts and techniques, supply chain management, cost analysis, competitive analysis, cost avoidance and reduction.
- Requires knowledge of approved suppliers and procedures governing the use of suppliers.
- Requires a good understanding of engineering processes and procedures.
- Requires strong skills in change management, problem solving, written and verbal communication, customer orientation, product technology, global business perspective, personal effectiveness, project management, team skills, and quality.
- Requires proficiency in Lotus Notes, MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDM, and End Item MPS Workbench.
INCUMBENTS TYPICALLY WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
INCUMBENTS ARE PREFERRED WHO POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Requires a B.S. level degree or equivalent in business, purchasing, materials, distribution, supply chain management, or related discipline, and 6+ years related experience in a materials or manufacturing environment, or equivalent.
- 7+ years related experience, to include 3-4 years experience in supply chain planning or outsourcing, with previous experience in project management.
Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar...