At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe.
We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Education Specialist serves as the onsite representative of Pearson School Achievement Services facilitating lasting change in districts and schools. The Education Specialist accelerates professional growth and develops the expertise of educators by incorporating evidence-based practices into decision making and instruction. Consulting with district personnel and school faculty, the Education Specialist will provide School Achievement Services in math with a high degree of efficacy.
The Education Specialist in this position will use their expertise in math to ensure New York teachers and leaders understand how CMP3 and other Pearson math programs support the New York math instructional goals and the successful implementation of the Common Core State Standards.
COACHING AND MODELING
- Serve as a consultant, providing leadership and professional recommendations on CMP3 and other Pearson math instructional programs for specific math content, resources, and professional development actions
- Use expertise in math to ensure New York teachers and leaders understand how CMP3 and other Pearson math programs will support the New York instructional goals in math, including CCSS implementation and assessment
- Perceived as an educational expert among the New York education community
- Deliver content-rich workshops, job-embedded services, and online professional development
- Use facilitator handbooks to plan and pace professional development workshops for assigned contracts
ADMINISTRATIVE AND COMMUNICATION TASKS
- Support individuals and small groups of teachers in planning and revising units and lessons using the coaching cycle (data analysis, planning, lesson implementation, reflection, debrief, action steps)
- Model quality math lessons for teachers in a classroom setting
COLLABORATIVE TEAM PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Maintain transparent communication with all stakeholders
- Complete all necessary follow-up documentation from onsite delivery of service
- Actively participate in face-to-face and online internal training as needed
- Mentor fellow consultants to improve the quality of service
- Participate in long range planning and positioning of CMP3 implementation as project progresses
- Participate as an active member of the Education Specialist team, engage fully in team strategy working toward team goals throughout the implementation
- Masters degree in Math Education or related field required
- Minimum of five years middle and/or high school math classroom teaching/expertise
- Minimum of three years experience with facilitating adult learning in K-12 settings in math, e.g. leading professional development
- Deep understanding of mathematics research and pedagogical content knowledge
- Expertise in the Common Core State Standards and Next Generation Assessments
- Expertise in implementing digital curriculum
- Knowledge of NY and New York Department of Education issues and concerns
- Knowledge of current literature and research on distributed instructional leadership and practical application preferred
- Expert, engaging presentation skills and facilitation abilities with a wide variety of presentation delivery methods, i.e. hands-on interactive, PowerPoint/Keynote, whiteboard technology, and research-based, creative, innovative adult learning techniques
- Expertise with a wide variety of hardware i.e. PC/Mac, Netbooks, tablets, and SMART phone technology as used in educational and training settings
- Experience facilitating online courses preferred; openness to becoming skilled in online facilitation required
- Travel may be required dependant on assignment
The successful candidate will have the ability to:
- Adhere to published facilitator handbooks while flexibly responding to participant and district needs
- Establish and maintain rapport and trust with colleagues, project officials, teachers, students, and school and district administrators
- Consult, providing recommendations to leadership around literacy instructional practices
- Understand how to facilitate the process of change in districts and schools
- Possess a high degree of skill in technology, specifically with Microsoft Office Suite, LCD projectors, e-mail, laptop computers, ipads, etc.
- Work within the constraints of budget, schedule, and quality
- Work and make decisions under pressure
- Attend to detail while maintaining the purpose and the goal of the implementation
- Self starter and creative problem solver
- Work remotely with little on-site and/or daily supervision
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong team building and team work skills required, ability to be a positive part of a team dynamic, working toward team goals
# of Positions:
Pearson Education - 30+ days ago
Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. Our...