1. Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
2. A valid Colorado Teaching Certificate endorsed or Highly Qualified in area of assignment.
3. Such alternatives to the above as the Board may find appropriate.
To create a flexible program and a class environment favorable to learning and personal growth; to establish effective rapport with pupils; to motivate pupils to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a good educational background in accordance with each pupil's ability; to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members.
1. Plans a program of study that is appropriate to the maturity and interest of students and I meets their individual needs and abilities.
2. Creates a positive classroom environment which upholds and enforces the school rules and is conducive to learning.
3. The teacher will guide the learning process to increase student achievement in accordance with the curriculum and consistent with state and local standards.
4. Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting stated objectives.
5. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required in a timely and confidential manner.
6. Work with other professionals to determine special learning needs of pupils on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of specialists as required.
7. Collaborates with colleagues, students, and/or parents on an ongoing basis concerning student academic and behavioral progress.
8. The school professional adheres to the Board of Education policies, state rules and regulations, and to licensure standards.
9. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence and serves on staff committees as required.
Hourly wage. $23.68/hour / 20 hours per week / this is a timecarded (not contracted) position.
185 days per year
Fountain-Fort Carson School District is committed to providing educational services to children and youth experiencing homelessness. The...