Nature and Scope of Job:
The purpose of a teacher's job is to teach students to read, write, problem solve, compute, how to find information, how to think, how to work cooperatively with others, and to meet all district-required curriculum objectives.
1. Plans and implements a program of study that meets individual needs, interests, and abilities within the Sweetwater County School District Number One curriculum.
2. Uses effective teaching techniques and materials to implement curriculum objectives and goals.
3. Writes weekly lesson plans describing daily learning experiences correlated to curriculum objectives.
4. Monitors and assesses student progress and provides feedback on a regular basis to students and parents/guardians.
5. Diagnoses, instructs, and evaluates specific students' needs and seeks assistance of specialists as needed.
6. Communicates aims/objectives to students in a well-planned, organized manner in clear, concise terms.
7. Creates a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to maturity of the students.
8. Assists administration in implementing all policies, regulations, and rules of Sweetwater County School District Number One.
9. Creates educational experiences to provide students with opportunities to develop potential in self-esteem, personal-social adjustment, decision making, and other life skills.
10. Promotes and follows adopted Sweetwater County School District Number One philosophy, policies, and administrative procedures.
11. Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, parents, students and community in a positive manner.
12. Assumes legal responsibilities for supervision of students on school property or in attendance at school-sponsored activities.
13. Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
14. Assumes individual responsibilities assigned by the principal/supervisor which may relate to committee work, student activities, student supervision, or other planning and professional assignments.
15. Maintains accurate, complete, legible, and correct records as required by law, Sweetwater County School District Number One policy, and administrative regulation.
16. Takes necessary precautions to protect students, equipment, material, and facilities.
17. Conducts oneself in a business-like and task-oriented manner.
18. Strives to be a good employee as well as an effective teacher.
19. Maintains equipment and lab materials in a safe and orderly fashion.
1. Attends and supervises curriculum oriented field trips.
2. Attends parent and staff meetings.
3. Keeps informed by reading current information related to profession.
4. Responds to requests for information in a timely manner.
--EMPLOYEES ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THE JOB--
Knowledge, Skills and Mental Ability:
Possess a broad specific knowledge with expertise in areas of certification.
Possess a group dynamics and interpersonal skills.
Posses knowledge of psychological, emotional, and educational behavioral development of children
Possess classroom management skills which include discipline as well as record keeping and assessment ability.
Possess technological and computer skills.
Possess problem solving, imagination, patience, reasoning, creativity, judgement, and analytical abilities.
Education, License, Certification or Formal Training:
Possess all certificates required for the State of Wyoming.
Possess at a minimum a Bachelor's Degree.
Continue to pursue graduate level classes for professional growth.
Any other equipment that pertains to the position
Be able to stand, walk, and sit for long periods without fatigue or discomfort.
Be able to lift up to 50 pounds. Be able to push up to 200 pounds up to 30 feet.
Be able to pull up to 100 pounds up to 50 feet. Be able to carry up to 25 pounds up to 100 feet.
Be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, handle, finger, talk, hear, and see.
Be able to spend most of the time inside classrooms with some work outside in cold/hot weather.
Be able to tolerate noise up to 90 decibels.
k12jobspot.com - 11 months ago
Sweetwater County School District #1
Rock Springs, WY
- 25 days ago