Russian School of Mathematics is now accepting applications for teachers in elementary school grade level. Applications are reviewed and interviews are granted on a rolling basis.
RSM is a unique award-winning after-school program. Since its opening in 1997, RSM continues its mission of helping students to build a solid math foundation and developing critical thinking abilities through a well-structured teaching strategy. Today over 6,000 students attend our 11 branches and affiliated schools in 3 different states.
RSM has openings for part-time K-12 teaching positions for the 2012-2013 academic year in the following locations :
The school operates from 3:30pm to 8:30pm weekdays and from 9:00am to 6:00pm weekends.
- Teach mathematics in K-4
- Working closely with a mentor teacher to develop, plan, and deliver a lesson.
- Communicate with parents.
- Attend training sessions organized by RSM.
- Bachelors degree in Math or related field (minimum) and/or Masters Degree in Education (preferred).
- Minimum one year of experience working with kids preferably in a school system or university setting.
- Ability and desire to make Math fun for children.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exposure to or experience in other than U.S. models of Math Education is a plus.
- Familiarity with Math Competitions is a plus.