Teach undergraduate and graduate mathematics including courses with an emphasis on stochastic processes.
Develop sustainable funded r esearch in stochastic processes and its applications.
Advise undergraduate and graduate students’ research.
Contribute to program development and scholarly activities in the department.
All faculty members are expected to advise majors and provide service to the department, college, university and community.
- Earned doctorate in mathematics (degree must be conferred on an official transcript by August 5, 2013).
- Expertise in stochastic processes or closely related discipline.
- Post-doctoral research experience and/or experience in teaching college level mathematics.
- Research interests that complement existing department areas (http://cset.mnsu.edu/mathstat/dir/research.html).
- Excellent potential for interdisciplinary collaboration.
- Strong interest in developing curriculum in probability theory, stochastic processes and its applications in financial mathematics, industrial and engineering mathematics, or mathematical biology.
- Superior communication and teaching skills.
- Ability to teach a wide range of mathematics courses.
- Ability to seek funding for research and/or curriculum development, individually or collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Information describing the Department of Mathematics and Statistics can be found at http://cset.mnsu.edu/mathstat . Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A 1-2 page written statement of research interests and teaching philosophy
Chair, Stochastic Processes Search Committee
Department of Mathematics & Statistics
Minnesota State University, Mankato
273 Wissink Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.ifo.org/contract09-11/2009-2011.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 16 months ago