The Department of Mathematics and Statistics at Minnesota State University, Mankato currently has two (2) fixed term vacancies, for the 2013-2014 academic year. There is the possibility that these positions may be renewed for up to three (3) additional years. The responsibilities and qualifications for both positions are as follows:
- Teach wide spectrum of college mathematics, including trigonometry, finite math, pre-calculus, calculus, and/or elementary statistics.
- Contribute to scholarly activities in the department.
- Engage in professional service.
- Master’s degree in mathematics (degree completion no later than August 12, 2013) --OR-- an official letter of completing preliminary examinations for doctoral degree in mathematics, sent directly to the search chair.
- Experience teaching college level mathematics.
- Demonstrated ability to teach a wide range of courses in mathematics.
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in teaching mathematics.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to provide professional service within the Department and University.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu. Information describing the Department of Mathematics and Statistics can be found at http://cset.mnsu.edu/mathstat.
Application Procedures: T o apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm. A complete online application will include the following attachments:
- Cover Letter
- A one (1) page written statement addressing your teaching philosophy
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial undergraduate & graduate transcript(s)
Chair, Fixed-Term Search Committee
Department of Mathematics and Statistics
273 Wissink Hall
Minnesota State University, Mankato
Mankato, MN 56001
Phone: (507) 389-1453
TTY: (800) 627-3529 or 711
FAX: (507) 389-6376
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://ifo.org/index.php/download_file/view/290/114/.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Minnesota State University, Mankato - 17 months ago