POSITION: MATHEMATICS INSTRUCTOR
FINAL FILING DATE: TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2013 BY 12:00 NOON. (POSTMARKS ARE NOT ACCEPTED)
Your entire application packet must be submitted in duplicate, an original and one copy.
LOCATION: * SCHEDULED TO BE ASSIGNED TO: WOODLAND COMMUNITY COLLEGE
SALARY: $52,592 - $81,126/YR. (178 DAYS) (Initial placement will not be higher than the above listed salary, the top step for this position is Class VI, Step 19 which is $100,879 /YR.)
COMMENCING: FALL 2013 SEMESTER
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES: The person selected will be expected to:
• Organize and teach all levels of mathematics classes from basic math through calculus and differential equations, and linear algebra (also statistics if qualified);
• Develop and maintain a relevant community college mathematics curriculum, including appropriate transfer/articulation agreements with four-year colleges and universities;
• Use appropriate teaching methods to facilitate student learning;
• Teach day, evening, and/or weekend teaching assignments, which may include distance learning
(interactive television, online) and accelerated courses;
• Participate in department, division, and college-wide initiatives and committees; and
• Be committed to, and participate in, the shared-governance process.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate, by the final filing date, must possess the minimum qualifications for instructors in Mathematics at California Community Colleges:
• Master’s Degree in mathematics or applied mathematics OR
• Bachelor’s in any of the above AND Master’s in statistics, physics, or mathematics education (If the
candidate has a Master’s degree in Mathematics Education then this Master’s degree must have been conferred from a mathematics department at the time that the candidate obtained the degree) OR
• The equivalent OR
• Possess a California Community College life credential in the subject matter area of Mathematics.
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS: Preference may be given to applicants who:
• Have successful experience teaching the full range of college-level mathematics and statistics courses;
• Are prepared through other employment or student experiences to successfully teach college-level mathematics courses;
• Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
EQUIVALENCY: Applicants must meet YCCD minimum qualifications by the filing date or have been awarded equivalency by the District prior to the publication of the Recruitment Announcement.
FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS: Include a U.S. evaluation and translation. Contact the Human Resources website for a list of agencies providing foreign transcript services.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT: Yuba Community College District is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and guarantees equal opportunity regardless of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age or sexual orientation and does not discriminate in its educational programs, in employment nor in any other of its activities.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS: Employment is dependent upon Department of Justice (DOJ) clearance, all fees are the responsibility of the selected candidates and serves the purpose of obtaining a criminal history as authorized by the California Education Code. All prospective employees shall be required to provide verification of TB test.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Categorically funded positions are contingent upon funding. In accordance to Board Policy, smoking is restricted in many areas of the Yuba Community College District. Woodland Community College is a tobacco free campus.
INTERVIEW: Candidates selected for an interview will be required to visit Yuba Community College District at his/her own expense upon a date selected by the District. Meeting minimum qualifications does not guarantee an interview.
BENEFITS/SALARY: The District offers a comprehensive benefits package for employees and dependent, valued at over $16,000 annually with a $27.00 monthly out of pocket expense to employees or dependents for monthly premiums. The package includes health, dental, vision, two (2) life insurance policies and an Employee Assistance program. Additional benefits include contributions to the State Teacher’s Retirement System (STRS), 457/403b options, 10 sick days and a 178 day contract. INITIAL PLACEMENT WILL NOT BE HIGHER THAN CLASS 6, STEP 10, ACCORDING TO THE ACADEMIC HANDBOOK.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE AND DEADLINE: Applications are available from the Human Resources Office, 2088 North Beale Road, Building 100A, Room 21, Marysville, CA 95901, OR TTY (530) 634-7760 OR visit the Human Resources web site at: http://www.yccd.edu . A complete application is submitted in duplicate – an original and one copy, and includes: YCCD Academic Application, Resume, Transcripts, Role Statement, Diversity Statement, Three (3) current letters of recommendation and a Cover letter/letter of interest, must be received not later than the final filing date.
PLEASE NOTE: AS SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIALS, AN APPLICATION MAY, BUT NEED NOT, INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: (a) one current evaluation from a peer or supervisor, (b) one abstract of a publication, and/or (c) portfolio.
NO OTHER SUPPLEMENTAL MATERIAL SHOULD BE INCLUDED.
It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to ensure all application materials are received by the application deadline date. All submitted materials become District property, will not be returned, will not be copied and will be considered for this recruitment only. Faxed, emailed or incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered.
TIMELINE: Interviews are scheduled for April 2013. Before a candidate is employed with the District, the candidate will be confirmed by the Governing Board; the proposed date of confirmation is May 2013.
* This position is anticipated to be assigned to Yuba College of the Yuba Community College District but may be assigned temporarily or permanently within the District.
IF YOU REQUIRE ACCOMMODATION TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please contact the Human Resources Office at (530) 741-6975 OR TTY (530) 634-7760.
1. In the interview, consideration will be given by the Selection Committee to factors other than education and experience, including, but not limited to, apparent personal development, ability to work with others, initiative, and sensitivity.
2. Candidates should not expect official notification of the status of their candidacy until the administration has acted upon the Selection Committee's recommendation for employment.
3. The College reserves the right to investigate past employment records, including contacting former employers.
4. The College reserves the right to re-advertise the position or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for a position if it is deemed that
applicants for the position do not constitute an adequate Qualified Applicant Pool.
5. As required by the Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the Yuba Community College District, the Personnel Services and Human Resources
Development Office is required to maintain an Equal Employment file which will yield the composition of application flow by ethnic identification, gender and disability. The tear-off tab of the Application Form is provided for this purpose. Completing and returning this form is done on a voluntary basis by the candidate. If returned, the form will be detached from the Application Form and placed in our Applicant Flow File. This information will not be used as part of our recruiting process.
6. IMPORTANT: Any misstatements or omissions of material facts in this application or an interview may be cause for dismissal, if employed.
The vision of the Yuba Community College District Board of Trustees is to ensure student success by:
• Providing an innovative, world-class learning environment;
• Building and maintaining an atmosphere of trust within the college district and with our communities;
• Developing and maintaining programs and facilities that best meet the needs of our students and communities;
• Stewarding resources strategically to meet the diverse needs of our communities and region;
• Providing educational, economic, cultural, and civic leadership for our communities and region.
Adopted October 12, 2011
HispanicsInHigherEd.com - 17 months ago