McCormick & Schmick’s Seafood & Steaks in Austin, TX is seeking an experienced
The Sous Chef assists the Executive Chef in the operation of a high volume kitchen, mentoring staff, staff schedules, hands on involvement with inventory controls, food/labor cost, and kitchen sanitation.
In addition to owning and operating hotels, casinos and entertainment complexes, Landry's, Inc is one of the largest full-service restaurant operators in the United States with over 480 locations in 40 states and 15 countries. We operate restaurants primarily under the names of Rainforest Cafe, Saltgrass Steak House, Morton's - The Steakhouse, McCormick & Schmick's, Landry's Seafood, The Chart House, Oceanaire, Bubba Gump, and Claim Jumper, plus our upscale signature group of restaurants which includes Vic & Anthony's. We are also engaged in the ownership and operation of select hospitality/entertainment businesses and casinos including The Golden Nugget casinos, The Kemah Boardwalk, and the Historic Galveston Island Pleasure Pier. We need high caliber, experienced individuals to join our organization. If your skills and talents are a match for our needs, we can open the door to career opportunities.
- Prefer a minimum of three years (or greater) of experience cooking in reputable dining establishments.
- Ability to understand high-volume operations.
- Ability to be a self-starter.
- Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to walk, stand and/or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
- Culinary degree a plus, but not necessary.
Benefits: Great health and dental, 401-K with discretionary match, paid vacation, 50% dining program, discount retail program and more. Relocation assistance available.
Landry's Restaurants - 14 months ago