This position must farm active customers to up-sell products and services by developing a thorough understanding of their business and technology needs. In addition, the Account Manager will represent the company by showcasing and selling services and products to current and prospective clients.
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Financial Responsibility)
Job competencies/Duties and Responsibilities (Position Responsibility)
- Be a good steward of the resources with which we’ve been entrusted.
Education Requirements and Knowledge Requirements
- Work with active customers to develop a deep understanding of their needs and translate those needs into product requirements that satisfy their demands
- Cross-selling and up-selling services and solutions to existing accounts and prospective new clients
- Qualify new sales opportunities for current customers and prospective new clients
- Receive requests for service and products details from customers and provide timely responses
- Attend weekly sales meetings and ensure sales opportunities are compliant with company policy
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalog and how it relates to customer’s needs
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
- Understand processes in ConnectWise by completing assigned training materials and blueprints on the ConnectWise University
- Enter all work as activities or service tickets into ConnectWise
- Conduct onsite or online presentations that showcase the services and products of the company to active customers and prospective new clients
- Work with management to develop proposals, quotes and respond to RFP/RFI documents
- Effectively communicate features and benefits of solutions and manage prospect expectations throughout the lifecycle of the account
- Manage the complexity of Managed IT services proposals, contracts, lease agreements, and service level agreements
- Maintain in-depth product knowledge of the service offerings of the company
- Perform sales procedures through activities and opportunities in ConnectWise and remain compliant with defined policies and procedures
- Achieve and maintain a positive rapport with prospects and work to give them the best possible service
- Outside sales experience with selling any of the following: IT services and products, managed IT services, or IT consulting
- Possess a track record of managing the customer commitment, negotiation, and closed of the sales process
- Demonstrated level of success in the development of client relationships
- Enjoy working with customers and external audiences
- High energy and drive with good negotiation skills
- Proficient with general office applications
- Strong organizational, presentation, and customer service skills
- Skill in preparing written communications and materials
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate data entry
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
- English fluency required.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear courteous and professional manner when dealing with the public.
- Efficient research, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work in a team environment with a variety of professionals while also working independently, with minimal supervision.
- Detail-oriented; productive without compromising quality.
- High Energy Level and sense of humor essential.
Physical Requirements / Working Environment and Conditions
- Minimum Experience......................................................................... 2 yrs
- Preferred Experience........................................................................ 5 yrs
Activities before and after regular business hours may be required
- Ability to maintain a high level of visual attention and mental concentration for significant periods of time as required by preparing and analyzing data, test results, computer hardware and software, etc.
- Ability to manipulate necessary office equipment, computer software, hardware and equipment.
- Ability to perform the following physical activities, stooping, reaching, standing, walking, feeling, talking and hearing.
- Requires working in both internal and external environments subject to variation in temperature.
- Physical requirements of exerting up to 80 lbs of force occasionally, and/or up to 30lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Frequent communications, occasionally for extended periods, by telephone.
- Travel will be required on a daily basis. Transportation provided by employee.
McLane Advanced Technologies - 17 months ago