Pick up meals at preparation site and load them into vehicle and/or cart.
Ensure safe and proper temperatures for all food items.
Deliver meals by van or cart to home bound elderly clients within directed time frames.
Collect and log any and all contributions from clients and deposit with Program Director.
Remain in contact with program staff via cell phone when necessary.
Report any changes with the client to the Program Director.
Maintain written route sheets and vehicle log on a daily basis.
Call 911 in event of client medical emergency and contact program staff immediately.
Complete data entry for Meals on Wheels program each day, place food orders and schedule daily deliveries.
Data entry for SPP database system, online meal ordering, and update MS Excel spreadsheets daily.
Complete other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
*This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
- High school diploma or GED required, some college a plus.
- Ability to read, write and speak English required.
- Data entry experience with ability to use MS Excel and create spreadsheets.
- Proficient at communicating verbally and in writing, using computers and office equipment and performing general office duties.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Cantonese a plus.
- Must have valid driver's license with no violations.
- Must be able to manually move, pull, carry, push or lift heavy objects or materials (25-40 lbs).
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments, walk up and down stairs several times, stoop, kneel, bend and reach.
- Friendly and professional demeanor with clients and staff essential.
- Prior experience working with the elderly a plus.
- Must be a team player and interact well with other staff.
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week (Five hours meal delivery/Two hours data entry, coordinating food orders and delivery)
Salary: $14.73 per hour, plus generous benefits package
University Settlement Society of New York - 14 months ago