Pick up meals at preparation site and load them into vehicle and/or cart.
Ensure safe and proper temperatures for all food items.
Deliver meals by van or cart to home-bound elderly clients within directed time-frames.
Collect and log any and all contributions from clients and deposit with Program Director.
Remain in contact with program staff via cell phone when necessary.
Report any changes with the client to the Program Director.
Maintain written route sheets and vehicle log on a daily basis.
Call 911 in event of client medical emergency and contact program staff immediately.
Complete data entry for Meals on Wheels program each day, place food orders and schedule daily deliveries.
Handle light office work.
Complete other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have valid driver's license with no violations
- Must be able to manually move, pull, carry, push or lift heavy objects or materials (25-40 lbs).
- Must be able to work in hot and cold environments, walk up and down stairs several times, stoop, kneel, bend and reach.
- Ability to read, write and speak English, required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Chinese a plus.
- Friendly and professional demeanor with clients and staff essential.
- Prior experience working with the elderly a plus.
- Proficient at communicating verbally and in writing, using computers and office equipment and performing general office duties.
- Data entry experience with ability to use MS Excel and create reports.
- Must be a team player and interact well with other staff.
*This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Hours: Up to 35 hours per week (5 hours meal delivery/2 hours data entry, coordinating food orders and delivery)
Salary: $14.73 per hour, plus generous benefits package
University Settlement Society of New York - 11 months ago