Targa Resources (Targa) is a leading provider of midstream natural gas and NGL services in the United States. We own and operate approximately 12,090 miles of natural gas and NGL pipelines, with natural gas gathering systems covering approximately 14,400 square miles and 21 natural gas processing plants located primarily in the Permian Basin, Texas, New Mexico and Louisiana regions.
Targa is currently seeking a Measurement Coordinator for their facility located in Mertzon, TX.
· Learn and understand Targa’s Safety Policies and Procedures and Business Ethics Policies. Plan and perform all assignments in a safe manner by utilizing the proper tools, safety and environmental precautions, permitting, and Process Safety Management, and have a basic knowledge of the effect his work will have on his co-workers and the plant and field operations.
· Learn to fill out applicable work/hot work permits, lockout/tagout documentation, attend and participate in tailgate sessions with others involved in work site activities.
· Assist other Measurement Technicians or Supervisor with routine measurement functions.
· Learn and/or have thorough knowledge of Natural Gas Characteristics, Gas Plant Operations, Engine & Compressor Operations and Maintenance, and Gas & Liquid Measurement. There will be verbal review sessions to determine learning progress and assist in the individual’s development.
· Learn and/or have a thorough knowledge of scheduled calibrations, gas sampling, troubleshooting, repair and installation of Electronic Flow Measurement equipment, specifically Totalflow
· General clean up of assigned work areas (office, company truck, etc.)
· Assist in training of new hires or other technicians in the areas of Targa’s safety procedures and policies, mechanical maintenance, and preventive maintenance procedures and programs.
· Actively participate in all safety meetings and safety functions. A Measurement Coordinator is responsible for his/her safety and of any person he/she may be working with.
- Works closely with the Measurement Technicians to troubleshoot EFM equipment and other gas measurement issues
- Responsible for processing, analyzing, and daily reporting
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Maintain and manage operating supply inventory for measurement group
Minimum Essential Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 2-5 year of work related experience
- Solid verbal / written communication skills
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Able to lift, push and pull 75 lbs
- Able to work in close quarters while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing or standing
- Ability to work overtime to include weekends, holidays and to respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objective/needs
· Self motivated – ability to work independently
· Familiar with the functionality of Gas and Liquid measurement.
· High level computer skills with emphasis in Microsoft Office Software
· Working knowledge of Totalfow EFM’s, Daniel’s liquid measurement and Del Mar H2S analyzers, chromatographs.
· Background in chemistry and or mathematics
Targa offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package.
Targa Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply please go to http://www.targaresources.com/careers.html
Please note – Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position. We thank all respondents for their interest in Targa. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No Phone calls please. Placement agencies or recruiters need not respond.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
This position is subject to federally mandated drug/alcohol testing.
Targa Resources - 20 months ago