Summary: This position is responsible for the inspection, calibration and repair of instruments associated with measurement, control and analysis of natural gas and for maintaining system balances and customer relations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: .
• Responsible for the installation, calibration and repair of orifice records, electronic flow measurement, control analytical equipment, separately and as an integrated system
• Represents the company in a professional manner at all times and provides outstanding customer service while performing all assigned tasks
• Responsible for submitting accurate maintenance reports, expense reports, timesheets and other necessary paperwork daily
• Conducts field sampling according to GPA specifications to determine of water vapor content and H2S content of gas using length of stain and Tutweiler tests
• Troubleshooting and balancing of all field systems accurately and efficiently
• Setting up, scheduling and executing routine assigned work
• Organizes chart routes and measurement activities for maximum efficiency and productivity
• Establishing and maintaining accurate lease records; provide complete information on all charts
• Developing and maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship with the customer
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and 3 - 5+ years of related gas measurement experience are required. A minimum of six months in a vocational/ technical training or apprenticeship program is preferred. Experience with Automation Communications Measurement Instrumentation is also preferred.
• Proficient with a personal computer and common applicable functions/programs is preferred
• Proficient in operating electronics, computers and software used in the measurement of natural gas
Other Skills, Abilities or preferred Qualifications:
• Motivated self-starter capable of working independently and efficiently with little or no supervision
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Ability to write legible, routine correspondence and to speak effectively as well as coherently with management and other employees
• Knowledge of ANSI/ASME Measurement Specifications, gas sampling procedures, gas analysis, flow recorders, liquid measurement, TEFM, and various types of measurement equipment
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form as well as deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Valid Drivers' License
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus (these requirements can be met with the use of corrective lenses).
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Rigzone.com - 8 months ago