Posted positions may close at any time. Please apply today if you are interested in this position. Once this posting is closed applications will no longer be accepted.
Ensures meat is wrapped, weighed, and priced properly. Operates wrapping machine. Provides customer service and ensures product quality and selection.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains an atmosphere of enthusiastic customer awareness with an emphasis on fast, friendly, courteous customer service.
· Answers questions from customers.
· Engages in suggestive selling and other sales techniques.
· Weighs, trays, grinds, wraps, and prices poultry, meat and fish products.
· Prevents sale of spoiled and outdated product by following laws and company policy on weighing, labeling, code dating, processing re-worked or reduced-to-clear items, etc.
· Ensures proper merchandising of product, signing, inventory level in retail cases, and eye-appeal of the department.
· Ensures cleanliness and sanitation of work area, equipment, cutting room and retail cases according to company policy and legal regulations.
· Stocks and rotates product.
· Consolidates racks by moving trays from one rack to another.
· Cleans mirrors, glass etc.
· Performs other duties as assigned or needed.
· Performing friendly, courteous, tactful customer service.
· Maintaining composure in dealing with customers and co workers.
· Performing basic math (add, subtract, divide and multiply) and computing weights and measures.
· Use cleaning chemicals and handle related food products.
· Read/follow written work assignments/instructions.
· Conduct visual inspections, read production guides and product labels.
· Communicate (hearing & speech) when working on the sales floor.
· Reach, lift and maneuver objects of varying dimensions and weights up to approximately 25 lbs. frequently and 30 - 60 lbs. occasionally.
· Push and pull fully loaded hand trucks and pallet jacks.
· Perform repetitious arm movements required to cut, slice and process products.
· Stand for long periods of time, walk and move rapidly, bend, twist and turn frequently.
· Perform safe / quick movements and operate related equipment listed below with manual dexterity and hand /eye coordination.
· Work for prolonged periods of time in a refrigerated area (32 to 50 degrees Fahrenheit)
· Work with hands exposed to moisture while handling and stocking poultry, meat and fish products.
· Learn product variability, perishability, safety and sanitation procedures, and dept. policies.
· Perform primary duties with efficiency and accuracy.
· Wear hats, hairnets, gloves, and other personal protective equipment as required.
· Food Handlers Certification (Per State Laws)
Machines and Equipment Operated:
· Includes: scales, wrapping machines, slicers, cubers, pallet jacks, bailer, and hand trucks, pressure washers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policies and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties, and qualifications required of personnel so classified may vary within each store.
WinCo Foods - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
WinCo Foods isn't just big on self-service -- it's giant. Inside the immense stores (average size is 92,000 sq. ft.) of this...