Utilizes significant experience and expert knowledge in multiple facilities trades or utility systems to effect repair and maintenance activities on multiple facility utility systems and equipment. Is responsible for the overall maintenance and operation of multiple facility systems, support departments and utilities. Responsible for diagnoses, repair and maintenance of facilities systems and utilities support equipment including but not limited to; pumps, motors, compressors, drive systems, non-biomed patient support equipment, dietary and laundry equipment, building control systems. Will plan large jobs or shutdowns requiring multiple trades, will direct other mechanics during the project and is responsible for project outcome.
-High school diploma or equivalent required.
-Journeyman or Masters Trade license preferred.
-or- A combination of education and experience equivalent to that required for Journeyman or Master status.
-or- Ten years of experience in a mechanical or electrical trade related to facilities operation and maintenance.
-Knowledge and experience is equal to Masters License requirements.
- Demonstrated expert capability and skills in one or more facility maintenance trade; HVAC, mechanical, electrical, or plumbing.
- Expert level skills to diagnose and troubleshoot failures in equipment and building systems.
- Expert mechanical and electrical aptitude, demonstrated through on-the-job and educational activities.
- Expert knowledge, skills and capability in repairing, rebuilding and installing drive systems, motors, fittings, pumps and other components of building systems.
- Ability to safely and properly use hand and power tools, electrical meters, diagnostic and test equipment as well as maintenance lubricants, solvents and other industrial chemicals
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and equipment data sheets as well as equipment manufacturer’s instructions and guidelines.
- Demonstrate ability to design and fabricate fixtures.
- Ability to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Well developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer service skills.
Mechanics working in certain disciplines may require certifications or documented training such as refrigerant recovery, ARC Flash or application of biocides and chemical treatment.
Glens Falls Hospital - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard