Company Info for External Posting:|
Maxum Petroleum is on course to becoming the largest independent energy logistics company in the country based on gallons of refined fuel and lubricants sold and we are looking for enthusiastic, capable, and dependable team members to help us grow. As a member of the Maxum team, you will enable us to provide our customers a broad array of value-added services while you sharpen your skills and grow your career.
Join our talented and diverse team of over 1300 employees across the US and Panama in important roles such as commercial driver, warehouse operator, inventory specialist, and key functions such as sales & marketing, operations, customer service, dispatch, Information technology, accounting and human resources. There is no shortage of opportunities to learn, grow and contribute while you fuel your growth and our success.
External Job Description:
Purpose The Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance and repairs on Company vehicles and mechanical maintenance and repairs at the facility as required.
- Vehicle maintenance . Perform maintenance on Company vehicles such as straight trucks, tractor-trailers, tankwagons, and pick-up trucks. Activities may include but are not limited to changing oil, adjusting fluid levels, maintaining tire pressure/changing tires, replacing belts, and replacing light bulbs and batteries. Monitor overall working condition of vehicles, including all systems and major components, making repair and replacement recommendations as required. Maintain inventory of parts necessary to perform job (i.e., bulbs, gloves, fittings, etc.).
- Vehicle repair . Troubleshoot and perform repairs on vehicles, including diesel engines, hydraulic systems and air systems, pneumatic and electrical repairs. Perform general fabrication and welding as required. Review vehicle inspection reports to ensure all required repairs have been completed, operating vehicles to verify satisfactory results of repairs (and maintenance activities).
- Regulatory compliance . Complete maintenance and repair activities according to standard operating procedures (SOPs), original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications, and in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations. Maintain compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) and state transportation authority regulations. Ensure trucks are always in a safe operating condition.
- General maintenance . Complete general mechanical maintenance responsibilities throughout the facility as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certification from a diesel mechanic trade school and minimum three years experience or minimum seven years of mechanical experience on diesel engines
- Experience and OEM training on Cummins engines; experience and OEM training on Caterpillar engines not required but preferred
- Basic computer skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (to create and complete necessary reporting)
- Class A CDL
- Must have own hand tools
Critical Success Factors
- Able to push, pull, and lift in excess of 75 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time and work outdoors and within the shop during all weather types associated with location of facility.
Analytical and Problem Solving Skills
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
Organization and Time Management
Resourcefulness and Flexibility
Maxum Petroleum is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.
Maxum Petroleum, Inc - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Maxum Petroleum is a leading independent energy logistics company that markets and distributes a comprehensive offering of refined petroleum...