The Mechanical Design Engineer will focus on designing machines from concept to production. The Mechanical Design Engineer will design machines for high speed automated packaging applications, including initiating concept designs based on customer feedback, communicating those designs to other team members, developing those designs utilizing SolidWorks and managing those designs to completion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES The primary duties and responsibilities of the Mechanical Design Engineer consist of but are not limited to:
· Design of high speed automated packaging machinery
· Designs, develops and test all aspects of mechanical components, equipment and machinery
· Generates 3D Solidworks complex assembly models, part models, and detail drawings
· Develops detailed drawings of parts, sub-assemblies and assemblies for machines.
· Generates parts list of manufactured and purchased parts.
· Leads projects from concept to customer acceptance.
· Manages multiple projects at one time
· Assists with developing operating manuals and assemble pertinent machine documentation when shipping a machine.
· Troubleshoots machines and supports checkout and FAT
· Assist Sales team quote customer projects
· Initiates the purchase and or the manufacture of parts via the tracking program
· Proficient in SolidWorks
· Interpersonal skills and ability to supervise people are a must.
· The incumbent will possess the necessary skills required to schedule efficient use of people and equipment to meet project schedules and deadlines.
· The candidate will also possess knowledge of packaging equipment functionality and design.
· A working knowledge of good manufacturing practices, production equipment, policies and procedures, safety, and quality control standards preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
· 5+ years’ experience in engineering, with a high degree of mechanical aptitude, experienced in designing automated electro-mechanical machinery
Hearthside Food Solutions
- 3 years ago - save job