The Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support for new product development and independently support Valve Automation’s manufacturing and sales operations, worldwide. The individual selected may also perform other duties as assigned (i.e., provide guidance and co-ordination of other engineer support personnel – such as designers, drafters, technicians and clerks).
This position has no direct reports. Maybe asked to provide guidance to other engineer support personnel - such as designers, drafters, technicians and clerks.
- Create new innovative and practical product designs in accordance with company specifications and design standards (as part of cross-functional development teams)
- Create new product design models in CAD (SolidEdge 3D and AutoCad 2D)
- Analyze engineering problems and recommend solutions
- Perform and check engineering calculations to verify product design
- Execute detailed component design, including tolerancing, material and surface treatment selection
- Create, monitor and evaluate test programs to verify/validate product performance
- Create, check and maintain appropriate engineering documentation in support of a product design, in accordance with company procedures
- Participate in NPD gate reviews, as needed
- Provide the sales, operations, and marketing groups with technical assistance
- Communicate effectively with outside agencies to obtain product approval
The Design Engineer will report directly to the Engineering Manager or Director; however, may receive project direction from Senior staff members.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Four year Mechanical Engineering, BSME
· One to three years of direct design experience as Mechanical Engineer (in the valve & electric actuator, oilfield, rotating equipment, or related industries)
· Demonstrated ability to independently design mechanical components based on a keen understanding of material properties, manufacturing processes, machining and assembly fit tolerances as well as kinematic and stress analysis
· Effective communication and decision making abilities
· Demonstrated proficiency in the use of MS Excel and/or MathCad software, as well as MS Office suite of products
· Experience with AutoCad 2D and 3D CAD software (preferably Solid Edge)
Emerson Process Management - 21 months ago
Emerson Process Management (www.emersonprocess.com), an Emerson business, is a leader in helping businesses automate their production,...