FTC&H is actively seeking a creative, highly talented, AutoCAD/Revit designer/drafting technician for immediate full-time employment in our Novi , Michigan office. The qualified applicant must be able to demonstrate experience in mechanical engineering consulting environment. This position requires self-motivation, commitment to high-quality work performance, excellent planning and communication skills and the ability to work with clients, the public, and other staff in a team environment.
The selected candidate will:
- Work closely with clients and technical staff from all FTC&H offices to assist the Novi office in providing consulting services for state and private universities, large commercial, government institutions, hospitals, and industrial clients.
- Interact daily with multi-disciplinary and multi-office teams within FTC&H to complete projects on schedule within budget together.
- Set up, model, and layout projects, manage the graphics of a project, manage printing/plotting distribution process.
- Participate in the design process from the beginning of the project through the approvals and permitting, final design and construction phases.
- Learn future software upgrades and continue to refine personal and professional skill sets.
- Associates degree or completion of two years of technical school courses in Autodesk, AutoCAD and REVIT 3D products.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience in operating AutoCAD and REVIT software on mechanical engineering consulting projects.
- Familiarization with large document printers.
- Knowledge, compliance, and enforcement of CAD standards.
- Position requires effective time-management, verbal communications skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidate will be articulate with professional presence and have solid decision-making, planning and organizational skills.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing and fire protection for government, institutional, large commercial, industrial, and university projects is preferred.
Fishbeck Thompson Carr and Huber - 10 months ago