The Hawesville Mill is a pulp and paper mill located in Hawesville, Kentucky. The Mill manufactures two distinct products: Hardwood Market Pulp and Fine Paper. The Bleached Pulp Mill produces bleached hardwood pulp that is sold to other companies for use in the manufacture of various paper products and also furnishes pulp to the Fine Paper Mill. The Fine Paper Mill produces 1,700 tons per day of forms bond, tablet, offset and copy paper.
The Mill is seeking a qualified Mechanical Designer/Drafter, reporting to the Mill's Engineering Manager. This position will provide the drafting & design for mill projects & repairs, primarily of an mechanical nature.
- A personal dedication to working safely
- Experience in AutoCad drafting
- Willingness and ability to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation
- Ability to interface with a variety of Engineers and to learn, disseminate, and implement the consistent use of CAD standards
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Associates degree or Technical/vocational school certification in relevant field
- Desired job-specific knowledge & skills include: BSME; proficiency in mechanical, civil and structural design; piping design experience; field work experience (taking measurements and providing technical support); drawing Management experience; pulp/paper industry experience, or transferable process industry experience; piping designer - chemical and steam systems.
- To apply, you must submit resume online -or- via postal mail no later than Friday, February 15, 2013 (principals only, no agencies) to: Domtar Paper Company, LLC, Attention: Employee Relations Manager, Job Posting DTC13892174, PO Box 130, Hawesville, Kentucky 42348
- To be considered, you must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests, background investigation, references verification, and pre-employment drug and alcohol screening.
- Domtar offers competitive wages and a range of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(k), pension plan, paid vacations & holidays, employer supported development and continuing education.
- Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We are also committed to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974 & Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
Leaving a paper trail is Domtar's business; the company is North America's #1 uncoated freesheet paper manufacturer and...