As Mechanical Draftsman/Designer, you are responsible for preparation of 2D structural and piping fabrication drawings for Engineer’s review in a project based design-build setting. Are you motivated to succeed, driven by learning; then this is the opportunity for you to become a part of a world class local organization.
· Prepare 2D structural fabrication drawings for Engineer’s review and approval.
· Ability to prepare various calculations; weight, center of gravity, pressure drop calculations for Engineer’s approval.
· Prepare Piping arrangements and Isometrics.
· Perform basic budget development, doing take-offs and completing estimates utilizing established tools.
· A thorough Knowledge of AutoCAD 2007.
· Proficient with MS office suite of tools.
· Possess a working knowledge of structural steel drafting.
· Familiarity with piping specifications, components and design practices.
· Experience using AutoCAD Plant 3D or similar 3D modeling package a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Associates degree, Technical certificate or equivalent experience; presentation of prior work required.
Emerson Process Management is a leading supplier of process management products and solutions, including control valves, regulators, transmitters, analyzers, and automation and safety systems. Its Process Systems and Solutions business makes automation, safety, and operations management systems – built on the proven PlantWeb digital plant architecture – to help plants run more safely, reliably and efficiently.
Experience the Rewards
As part of PSS, the St. Louis and Houston Engineering Centers have expertise and capabilities in all phases of the process automation lifecycle from early planning and design, through project engineering, project execution, commissioning and ongoing operations.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits package to include medical, prescription drug, and dental plans; 401k with company match; profit sharing; company paid life, AD&D, and travel insurance; educational assistance in form of tuition reimbursement; short-term and long-term disability plans; matching gift program; and holiday and vacation plans.
Who May Apply
We have made the decision not to provide sponsorship for work authorization to any candidate. If you do not have valid authorization to work in the United States, or your current authorization will require sponsorship on the part of this company, you will not be considered for employment opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is Process Systems and Solutions' policy to recruit, hire, train and promote people in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or age and any other factor prohibited by law.