Transform Your Tomorrow…Today at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control
At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (CWFC), you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And…that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow:
CWFC’s Electro-Mechanical Division is searching for a Mechanical Engineer to be based in Cheswick, PA with a minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering along with demonstrated experience of applying mechanical engineering fundamentals to evaluate equipment. EMD has a long-standing and distinguished reputation for the development, design, manufacture and qualification of critical-function, electro-magnetic machine solutions for the U.S. Navy and the commercial nuclear utility industry. Our historic accomplishments as a supplier of critical pumps, generators, motors and secondary propulsion systems make us uniquely qualified to aggressively tackle new projects and develop highly engineered solutions to meet our customers’ needs and transform their businesses.
· Perform design engineering functions related to the development of rotating electro-magnetic machines such as generators and motors.
· Activities include initial conceptualization of components and subsystems of the whole unit, engineering evaluation of the design, preparation of input required for drawings, follow of component procurement and manufacturing, test data review, report preparation, interfacing with vendors and customers, and technical problem resolution relating to the designs throughout its lifecycle.
· All activities are conducted in a concurrent team environment, with significant interaction among all members of the team.
· The more experienced individuals of the team are expected to provide guidance and mentoring to less experienced members of the team.
· Administrative tasks include definition of program and project work tasks, providing input to schedules and budgets, periodic progress status updates on the individual’s work tasks and presentation of the results.
· Good oral and written communication skills are valuable.
· BSME required, along with demonstrated experience of the application of mechanical engineering fundamentals such as structural capability under static and dynamic loads, heat transfer and fluid flow.
· Previous design experience with high speed rotating machinery such as motors, gas/steam turbines also desirable.
· Solid Modeling package experience is a plus
· Finite Element analysis is also a plus
· Must have good Design Conceptualization
· Technical Evaluation and Analysis
· Technical Writing
· Drawing Support Manufacturing and Oversight
· Test Support
What You’ll Find at CWFC
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be an innovative thinker and present theories/concepts in a professional manner
- Professionalism and commitment to quality and customer service
· Challenging Work – The work we do at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
· Independence – At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
· A Collaborative Environment – The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition for your contributions
Curtiss-Wright - 2 years ago
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...