Our client, an International Manufacturer, has an immediate need for innovative Mechanical Engineers in its New Orleans located Equipment Design and New Product Development Divisions. The selected candidate wiill be responsible for managing projects, improving the design of existing products as well as designing and testing new products. Some of the specific duties will include new product design, product line improvements, working with customers to define new products, product testing in the field, material selection, production automation, applications engineering, and preparing technical manuals and documentation.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Involvement in the complete new product development process from definition of the opportunity through idea brainstorms, design reviews prototyping, testing, redesign and release support for the functional groups
- Develop and implement project plans
- CAD design
- Material selection
- Product performance testing
- Integration of product design requirements with production requirements
- Documentation of product design specifications
- B. S. or M. S. in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be a self-managed, hard-working individual
- Must function well in a team structure
- Experience with productivity tools, e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience in 3D, parametric CAD (ProEngineer or SolidWorks preferred), CAM, FEA
- Plastic Injection Molding
Jackson Noble, a New Orleans based firm, is a premier provider of global human capital solutions. Our proprietary automated platform assesses optimal organizational, cultural, intellectual and technical fit. We meet the market’s need for a succinct and reliable metric for identifying true company/candidate compatibility.
Jackson Noble - 2 years ago