The McKean Defense Group, a mission-focused strategic partner in Naval Engineering and Information Technology, is constantly pursuing technical growth and market diversification to increase value for its customers and opportunity for its employees. Our engineers, programmers and analysts are currently providing innovative technical solutions in naval engineering, national security, and logistics programs across the nation and around the world.
McKean Defense Group is seeking candidates with 1 – 3 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer to support various hull, mechanical and electrical systems (HM&E), and research, development, test and evaluation (RDT&E) programs for the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Carderock Division. Candidate duties will include the following:
- Provide mechanical engineering support for shipboard Hull, Mechanical and Electrical (HM&E) Systems such as propulsion, power generation and distribution, auxiliary systems, machinery controls, and instrumentation.
- Apply mechanical engineering principles to support systems engineering, production engineering, and test and integration engineering for various shipboard HM&E systems, equipment, and RDT&E programs.
- Review specifications, technical manuals, and other technical documentation that relate to HM&E systems, and RDT&E programs
- Assist higher level engineers and scientists in mechanical engineering tasks, and project management tasks for assigned projects.
- Provide direct support to the assigned program technical manager
- Assist with preparation of proposals, presentations and reports, and research technical information to support and design systems.
- Support project planning and execution efforts for research development, investigations, analyses, and testing.
- Utilize RDT&E to recommend improvements in design, operation, maintenance and safety for assigned systems and equipment.
- Provide supporting technical and logistics documentation relative to recommended design improvements and performance requirements.
- Resolve all equipment and systems issues with the appropriate Subject Matter Expert(s).
- Facilitate effective government and industry team relationships.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Security Clearance Requirement: Candidate must have active Secret clearance, or be clearable.