Donan offers very competitive compensation and provides employees with all of the latest business tools and technology . We also offer a comprehensive benefit package and are dedicated to overall employee wellness and safety .
This opportunity is based at our Component Testing Laboratory (CTL) in the Louisville, Kentucky area.
The CTL Forensic Mechanical Engineer is expected to be responsible for the completion of forensic projects which are assigned to them, to assure that the forensic projects conform to the standards of the firm, the commitment the firm has made to our clients, and the monetary budget that has been assigned. This person will be responsible for several concurrent projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expert forensic analysis to our clients on an array of engineering projects.
- Responsible for multiple product areas, requiring research, becoming an expert in the CTL, and striving to be an expert in the forensic industry.
- Required to develop and complete a research project every calendar year. Each project will include a paper that must pass the scrutiny of a review panel.
- Provides honest and unbiased analysis and consultation on various product failures.
- Occasionally travels to perform projects within a 100-mile radius (farther when required) from the assigned office.
- Writes and submits detailed and accurate reports on completed projects in a timely manner in accordance with company guidelines.
- Will communicate with Donan’s customers to provide timelines and project updates on a consistent basis.
- Must provide expert testimony for court cases on an as-needed basis.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during periods of peak business demand.
- Will provide excellent customer service to the company’s internal and external customers.
Please visit our website at www.Donan.com for additional information.
- Applicant must be a registered Professional Engineer (P.E.), licensed or eligible for license in the appropriate state(s).
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, other engineering disciplines will also be considered with relevant experience.
- Previous failure analysis experience and knowledge of plumbing components and/or appliances is highly preferred but not required.
- Must be extremely well organized with the ability to deliver fast and accurate turnaround times.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be team oriented and enjoy service-oriented type work.
- Must have superior customer service skills.
- Must conduct business in an honest and ethical fashion at all times.
- Experience with writing detailed reports is highly preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record in accordance with the firm’s guidelines. Driving records are checked on a routine basis to ensure compliance with insurance requirements.
- Must have excellent overall computer skills.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule during periods of peak demand.
- Must have the ability to work efficiently with little or no supervision.
Donan is an E-Verify participating employer.
Donan Engineering - 9 months ago