GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will perform research and development in areas of turbomachinery and subsea drilling and production components and systems. Technologies include secondary flows, seals and fluid/structure interaction. This will include mechanical design, structural analysis and laboratory testing
- Work with a multidisciplinary team to establish project needs and requirements,
- Conduct research and development
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and value obtained
- Use expertise to perform tasks in areas of turbomachinery secondary flows, flow network modeling, sealing technology development
- Build relationships with people with a wide variety of technical expertise and business insight
- Write invention disclosures and provide technical input in patent application process
- Deliver effective presentations, reports, and publications to Global Research leadership, the GE businesses, government agencies, professional societies, and peer-reviewed journals.
- Work in a task or program leadership role to drive team success against program deliverables.
- Stay abreast of literature and identify research trends relating to seals technologies of interest to GE
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Mechanics or a Masters degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Mechanics with at least 4 years of experience in turbomachinery or drilling and production system development.
- Knowledge of both solid mechanics and solid/fluid structure interaction
- Demonstrate ability to investigate, model, innovate and provide critical insight into complex physical phenomena.
- Demonstrate an aptitude for innovation, hardware and experimental research and development.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment through GECareers.com to be considered
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program
- Doctorate degree in Mechanical, Aerospace Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
- Demonstrate abilities in the areas of drilling and production systems, and seals and secondary flows.
- Demonstrate abilities in hardware development and laboratory testing for developing prototypes based upon computer simulations and physics-based modeling.
- Fast learner, ready to accept new and difficult
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 2 years ago
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...