Transform Your Tomorrow… Today at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control
At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control (CWFC), you have the opportunity to transform the way our customers do business, as well as transform your career. Our entrepreneurial environment provides our employees with excellent experiences that enable them to develop their skills through stretch assignments and the opportunity to work with the best talent in the industry. At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you will have the opportunity to contribute from day one. And…that’s just the beginning of how we help you transform your tomorrow:
The Mechanical Engineer, Principal will be responsible for providing guidance and expertise in mechanical engineering to design complex mechanical equipment and systems and to investigate, evaluate and develop new applications for existing equipment and systems. This is a senior role in the company. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and be able to take a project from a starting concept to completion with minimal guidance. The ideal candidate will have experience with or the ability to work in a research and development environment and able to contribute to the effectiveness and bottom line of the company in providing quality new products and upgrades to current products of the buisness units in the Oil and Gas group of Curtiss-Wright Flow Control.
- Design complex mechanical equipment and systems to investigate, evaluate and develop new applications for existing equipment and systems.
- Determines theoretical principles involved and applying advanced analytical and investigative methods and techniques.
- Analyzes assigned tasks to provide estimates of manpower and material required to complete.
- Prepares schedules for accomplishing tasks within estimates.
- Supervises and coordinates technicians in fabrication and installation of complex mechanical and related electronic equipment and systems.
- May direct field operation and maintenance activities of mechanical equipment/systems installations.
- Evaluates operational systems and designs modification to eliminate causes of malfunctions or changes in system requirements.
- Develops new applications requiring appreciable originality and ingenuity and complex test procedures for equipment and systems which are significantly different from existing designs.
- Plans organizes and conducts the development of each assignment; coordinates manpower assigned to each activity and coordinates the activities of group involved in various stages of overall program to ensure effective integration.
- Provides technical guidance to personnel involved with producing design fabrication drawings.
- Reviews and corrects drawings to ensure proper engineering techniques and required specification have been utilized.
- Develops, releases and maintains documentation in accordance with company and contractual requirements.
- Reviews, writes and edits reports such as evaluation plans, test results, technical manuals, etc. to provide recommendations, conclusions and other data.
- Coordinates all design/engineering/drafting efforts for an assigned program to ensure that design details and drawings are in compliance with established standards.
- Prepares or supervises preparation of working plans, detailed drawings and complete mechanical or electrical drawings of complex components and assemblies from notes, verbal instructions and rough or detailed sketches for engineering or manufacturing purposes using computerized equipment (e.g. CAD/CAM: SolidWorks.)
- Makes engineering computations, writes specifications and makes adjustments in drawings or specifications.
- Verifies completed work checking dimensions, material and quantities to be used.
- Work at this level involves advanced, difficult design/drafting, Experience and competence with in-depth design validation and analysis utilizing hand calculations, FEA, CFD etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Technical writing and communication/report generation skills are required. Ability to think outside the box, generate new and innovative design solutions, be well-rounded, knowledge of ASME code section 8 (boiler and pressure vessels), and have machine shop experience a must. Research and Development experience a plus.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience and seven to nine years of professional experience with a minimum of five years of directly related experience, i.e. valve, petrochemical process, or related industries, knowledge of SolidWorks program or equivalent.
Supports the organization’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors:
Employees are also expected to perform job responsibilities in compliance with all operating policies and procedures, while focusing on teamwork and communication, to contribute to the Company’s quality objectives:
- Competence and commitment to excellence.
- Teamwork – building strong, long-term partnerships with our suppliers and customers (internal and external)
- Integrity – commitment to and acting with high ethical standards
- Respect – demonstration of esteem, concern, and courtesy towards fellow employees
- Compliance within required standards
- Continuous improvement – sustaining an environment that fosters the elimination of waste and variation in process
- Commitment to our community
- Accountability and ownership – taking responsibility for one’s actions and an active role in career development
About the Technology Development Center (TDC)
- Customer On-time Delivery
- Superior Customer Quality Rating
- Reduced Cost of Poor Quality
- Increased Return on Capital
The TDC is the research and development unit for the Oil and Gas Group of Curtiss-Wright Flow Control. We provide new and upgraded products for the business units of the Oil and Gas group and look for and provide innovative solutions to meet the needs of the Oil and Gas industry and our customers.
What You’ll Find at CWFC
Challenging Work – The work we do at Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is not only challenging, but it is meaningful to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we live and work.
Independence – At Curtiss-Wright Flow Control, you have the independence to invent, create and innovate; and the opportunity to work on the most advanced technology in our industry.
A Collaborative Environment – The teamwork among our exceptionally talented people enables us to deliver some of the most advanced solutions to our customers.
Curtiss-Wright Flow Control is proud to offer our employees a comprehensive total rewards package:
- Competitive pay
- Health and wellness benefits, including medical, dental, life insurance and more
- Savings opportunities for retirement, with an opportunity to become a shareholder
- Learning and development opportunities
- Recognition for your contributions
Transform your tomorrow, apply today at www.cwfc.com/Careers/Careers.htm
Curtiss-Wright - 20 months ago
Once an aeronautical pioneer -- its engines powered the B-17 bomber and The Spirit of St. Louis -- Curtiss-Wright makes lower-visibility...