Independent, results oriented and self-motivated Mechanical Engineer to provide a variety of engineering and technical service support activities for LNG Vehicle Fuel Systems products manufactured by the D&S Division at the Chart–Canton facility.
. MAJOR AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Responsible for product design and support for LNG vehicle fuel systems
2. Leads design for components, assemblies and final products to meet specifications
3. Develops new products and innovates to expand performance of the product line.
4. Assists with intellectual property acquisition and benchmarking process.
5. Ensures design and calculation compliance with relevant regulatory standards
6. Supports new product specification, validation, and testing process.
7. Support interdepartmental teams to evaluate manufacturability of products, improve production efficiency, assess tooling requirements, and estimating labor/material
8. Work with interdepartmental teams to ensure continuous compliance to ISO 9001 standards
9. Involvement in relevant standards organizations (ISO, NFPA, SAE, Etc)
10. Observe and practice safety procedures and policies.
11. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
1. BS degree required, preferably in Mechanical Engineering.
1. At least 3 years’ experience, preferably with a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
2. Highly motivated self-starter and a team player.
3. Customer service orientation.
4. Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Pak, specifically Word, excel, and PowerPoint. Exposure to JD Edwards or similar manufacturing software and AutoCAD/Inventor a plus.
5. Basic Understanding of Cryogenic Liquids and their properties.
6. Understanding of heat transfer and vacuum insulation
7. Heavy truck, automotive or diesel engine experience as related to fuel delivery and electrical systems a plus
8. Experience with FEA a plus.
1. Production factory support and office environment
2. Work related travel will be required up to 2 trips/month.
3. Possible travel to customer sites to gather data or work on various projects..
1. Production floor environment will involve possible exposure to materials with rough edges, temperature extremes, moving mechanical parts, occasional flying debris, chemical cleaning solvents and their odors.
2. Working with cryogenic products will involve possible exposure to pressurized flammable gas, pressurized oxidizing gas, pressurized inert gas an very low temperatures (-320°F).
1. Frequent standing, sitting, bending, stooping, twisting, and walking,
2. Frequent lifting up to 25 lbs., occasional heavier lifting.
3. Frequent computer work.
4. Hands on to include working on different types of trucks.
Chart Industries - 2 years ago