Co-op Job Description
John Crane Inc. seeks a full-time co-op student in order to develop an internal candidate with working knowledge of Type 28 seals.
Co-op Candidate Requirements:
The candidate must be mechanically inclined and a full-time student actively working toward a bachelor’s degree in a production-oriented field of study such as one of the following: Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or Management with an emphasis on manufacturing.
The function of the co-op student is to include, but is not limited to, the following projects:
- Drawing revisions/implementation
- Product flow and management
- Assembly process/standardization
- Benchmark/best practices with JC facilities
- Inventory turnover
- Kaizen/5S projects
The co-op student will be required to identify and develop a capstone study (thesis project) that is approved by Type 28 production/engineering team upon graduation.
- Year 1 –Repair and Assembly of Type 28 seal assemblies
- Year 2 – Testing of Type 28 Seals and Kaizen projects focused on the manufacturing process
- Year 3 – leadership and planning in manufacturing
- Year 4
- Management – manufacturing process improvements
- Engineering – seal design/R&D
- Year 5 – Study abroad (Slough) and thesis project
John Crane - 14 months ago