About TSTC :
TSTC is the only state-supported technical college system in Texas. TSTC’s statewide role and mission is to efficiently and effectively help Texas meet the high-tech challenges of today’s global economy, in partnership with business and industry, government agencies, and other educational institutions. If this is a mission you could support and help TSTC achieve, please complete our application process.
Position Overview :
TSTC's Hutto campus is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineering/ Machining Instructor. This instructor is to perform a variety of technical instructional assignments and classroom preparation including conventional machine tool operation, blueprint reading/ engineering drawings, precision measurement tools, set-up, programming, and operation of CNC lathes and mills, and the operation of CAD/CAM systems. This position will also assist in all other instructor related duties to support the program, department, and college.
Essential Function :
- Provide technical classroom and lab instruction to all students in the program which may include evenings and weekends.
- Must be familiar with computers and applicable software in order to teach manual and CNC machining and CAD/CAM classes.
- Prepare classrooms, labs and equipment to support the instruction and use of equipment.
- Ensure classrooms, labs and equipment remain in good working order.
- Perform registration & advising assignments, attend marketing & promotional events, and attend graduation ceremonies.
- Participate in covering classes as necessary to support absent faculty.
- Practice and maintain all safety requirements in order to ensure student safety and to adhere to all TSTC and OSHA safety requirements, practices and procedures as required.
- Maintains tools and equipment and participates in purchasing required parts, equipment, supplies, and tools in order to support the program and Engineering Technology Department.
- Assist in routine equipment, tool, and machine maintenance as needed.
- Must have flexibility to complete required assignments, classes and projects that might arise outside of normal working hours.
- Perform minor repairs and adjustments on equipment; maintain general cleanliness of the laboratory.
- Knowledge of related technology such as manufacturing, engineering drawings, quality control, CNC and CAD/CAM technology.
- Knowledge and understanding of TSTC policies and procedures.
- Participate on college committees and in other institutional activities and programs as needed.
- Stay abreast of new developments, and changes in various academic fields; participate in staff development programs, workshops, seminars, and other continuing education programs as appropriate.
- Assist in the recruitment of students from community high schools.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Providing technical instruction to college students.
- Conventional machine tool operation, such as mills and lathes.
- CNC set-up, programming, and operation of mills and lathes.
- Safety rules and regulations.
- Understand and be able to adapt quickly to a variety of computer software programs, programming languages, and operating systems related to Machining.
- Safe work practices.
- English usage, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Principles and procedures of record keeping.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Must possess an AAS or equivalent degree in Machining Technology or related field and a demonstrated competency in the teaching discipline.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Five years of hands-on experience in the machining industry, dealing specifically with the manufacturing or building of mechanical components preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Machining Technology/Manufacturing Engineering or related field preferred.
- Teaching experience considered a plus.
Annual Salary : $40, 812 - DOE
Security sensitive position.